Serve Twenty Six

You hum, leaning against the railing with a pencil in hand, the tip of your shoes hitting the rail methodically. Your eyes dart back and forth, watching the team warm up with a tight feeling in your chest. It hadn't left since Tooru went, and it started the moment when he made a deal with Daichi. So you can only infer that it is because of you. But what is that meant to mean? The tightness from the inside of you can only be because of one thing. The look in Tooru's eyes, the swagger of his walk as he left, how proud he was with the deal; you both agree that Karasuno is going to lose. 

You look down in shame. Tooru knew this is what would happen. You don't have faith; you know how well he plays: he caused this, and there's nothing you could do. It is bad enough that you were aware of this, that guilt hanging in the air, but Tooru is too. Tooru knows that you believe Karasuno won't win, and the look said it all as he serves a ball to one of his teammates, the curve of his arm fierce. He gazes up at you, sending a quick wink that makes the tightness shatter into more smaller tight muscles. You scowl at him, letting the facade of--what facade? You didn't have one up. You weren't that in control of your emotions. You would show him how much he has upset you. How easy he played you. 

You think bitterly, 'how dare he do this to me', he knows it will haunt you. He can use it. He can blackmail you with the date somehow or just do something. Maybe the date is meant to rub salt in the wound of the team, that for when they lose they are the ones who put you in a suggestive situation with their biggest opponent. You sigh, hitting the end of the pencil against your temple and growling under your breath. You look up at the sound of Iwai shouting, most likely at Tooru. You watch as the ball heads towards Kageyama, who looks behind him, sending Turnip to one side before sending it forwards for Hinata, who in return slams it on the other side. Your eyes dart over to the scoreboard, mouth parted slightly and brows furrowed in confusion before you realise that you were too busy thinking to see the start of the game.

Fuck!

Karasuno vs Aoba Johsai

Serve(T)

Dig(7), A-Quick(12)

KS02-1-04AJ

Serve (2)

Dig(D), Set(K), Hit(A)

Block(13)=x

KS03-1-04AJ

AJ Timeout

You watch in annoyance, realise that the timeout Tooru pulled isn't to stop the momentum of Karasuno, but something else. Seijoh crowd in a circle, Oikawa speaking to them. You look down to your own team, seeing Hinata, Kageyama and Sugawara near one another. You spot the chit-chat, drawing your brow together. They probably realise that the Grand King didn't gain his name due to his arrogant attitude.

A-Quick(3)

Dig(H)=X

KS04-1-04AJ

Serve(12)

Dig(A)=X

KS04-1-05AJ

Serve(12)

Dig(A)=X

--