Serve Fourteen

"Pika-pika-pika-bitch!" You chant as you skip down the school halls towards your brother. Finally the day of training camp. You got dragged along to this. Ukai making you coach really disrupted your schedule. Guess you weren't working this weekend. Bout you feel excited. Your first trip at Karasuno.

Ahhhh! Sleepover with boys! Who's face shall I draw on? Who shall I scare? Evil plots mwah-ha-ha-ha!

You laugh wildly in your thoughts, a creepy grin appearing on your face. Everyone is having a potty break before returning to the gym, and after they'd finally be leaving to the lodge.

"Oh brother of mine!" You coo, running down the hallway towards him.

"Yes sister of mine!" He twirls around to greet you. You jump on him, pushing up on his shoulders as he wraps his arms around your waist, keeping you suspended in the air.

"Hello, Hinata!" You grin, seeing the boy behind your brother. Satoru lowers you down, turning around.

"Hi, (S/n)-chan!" Hinata replies, an equally as big smile on his face. "I can't believe we get to go on a training camp! It's my first one!" He squeaks happily.

"I can't wait either!" You grin excitedly. Well, maybe not excited because of the training camp, more because you had two cans of fizzy drinks and weren't aloud to move from your seat. Now you had pent up energy you needed to lose before you got stuck on the coach for an hour or two.

"We've been to these sort of things before, but they're always exciting!" Satoru joins, the same excited expression on his face.

"Really?! I didn't know that! What did you do before?" Hinata asks as all three of you walk out in tow towards the gym.

"(F/n) had football and I had volleyball. But then she also did badminton and netball. She even helped out in junior high with the volleyball team." Satoru lists off.

"Wow, you did so much!" Hinata gawks.

"It's not that much." You wave off with a smile. "I just get distracted easily. Plus, they were fun sports." You shrug as you approach the gym.

"Is volleyball fun too?!" He asks. You knew he'd been... well not obsessed, but resilient to find out if you liked volleyball again. It's not that you hated, it just didn't peek your interest anymore. The game made you twitchy. But Hinata seemed to want to make you love the sport.

You stand in your signiture spot in the gym. Just at the lip of the stage, sitting on the edge and watching the boys practise. You were evaluating their spikes. Each player had their own flaws, which anyone would, but you needed tot hink of how to make them improve upon it. But even if you did, you had the issue of how to tell them. You couldn't just straight uo tell them! You aren't Ukai. This team loved the game, it's their passion. Imagine being critiqued on that by someone who doesn't even play. You begin twitching at the thought.

Telling someone they can't do something and watch them become sad? Nope, never, not capable. You couldn't do that. You had no right to tell someone they can't do a certain move if you can't even do it yourself. That's being a hypocrite. 
You couldn't rip into people, that'd make you feel bad to put someone down.... Which Ukai had down earlier. You focused back on watching spiking practice and ignored your over thinking.

Sugawara and Kageyama have the job of serving, and your actual duty right now is ball boy. Ukai sends you a look,  borederline scolding. You inch towards the side as you see it's Asahi's turn to serve. Ukai nods, impressed as Asahi slams it down. You flinch, watching as it bounces around. You then wqtch as it stops and go collect it before putting it back in the basket. You'd stood with Asahi a couple of time, never really spoken with him. Nishinoya seemed to brush whatever it was that hapoened between them under the bridge. And the third years had rekindled their friendship too.it nawed on yoj, wanting to know what happened. But you had no right to know. You'd only stuck around the last 3 days due to being forced into Assisstant Coach position. But it was nice seeming them all together. It is like everything had fallen into place.