Serve Sixteen

The team had gathered in the gym for their final practise day before the match against Nekoma. Except, you weren't there.

"(L/n)-chan, can you help me with something?" Kiyoko's gentle voice spoke from behind you as you dried up the plates. You turn around and nodded shyly. "I need someone to help me collect and carry the uniforms back." She informs. You nod again.

"Where do we need to go to?" You ask, setting down the tea towel.

"To Uchisawa Cleaning store." She answers. You nod aimlessly.

"Yeah okay. But can you give me a minute. I need to get my phone first." You raise a brow unsure.

"Of course." She nods, holding her hands in front of her. You give her a quick brow before dashing out the room. You'd already made snacks, so you didn't have to worry about making them when you got back. And the lunch stuff was already in the fridge, so all you'd have to do when you got back was cook with Shimizu. Simple enough. Grabbing you phone from the charger, you sprint back to the kitchen to spot the manager speaking with a third year.

"Hello (S/n)-chan." Daichi smiles upon seeing you enter.

"Er, hi Daichi-senpai." You breath deeply. You shouldn't have run all the way there. "I thought you were practicing with the team?" You furrow your brow in confusion.

"Coach told me to fetch the water bottles." He jabs his thumbs towards the filled up black bottles on the side, sitting in there holder. You stare at them for a second before face palming.

"I am so sorry." You apologize, looking guiltily up to Daichi. "I totally forgot about them when I made snacks for you guys. It won't happen again, I promise Daichi-Senpai." You tell him, bowing. Daichi chuckles and pats your head.

"Don't worry about it, you have three more years to learn the ropes." He grins down to you. You stand up and furrow your brow in confusion, making a confused noise. Daichi rolls his eyes before adding. "Assistant Coach."

"Oh-oh yeah, that!" You nod quickly, realization falling upon your features. "Yes, I'll try my best to keep the team healthy."
It came flooding back to you. When Ukai spontaneously made you assistant Coach that was only for as long as he was there, but yesterday you had declared to stay assistant coach with Suga and Ukai when the other two male third years hid round the corner. Now you couldn't leave your word.
"You best get back to the team. Shimizu-Senpai and I have got to go and pick up the uniforms." You smile over to said girl and her lips simmer into a soft smile.

"I'll see you two later then." Daichi waves as he picks up the bottles and makes his way out the building.

"Do we need anything?" You ask.

"No. we should get going. Ukai wanted the clothes before lunch."

"Oh, sure." You nod, following after her. You both walk silently out the building, down the street and towards the town. You walked next to Shimizu, her long legs taking her in strides. You stare awkwardly at the path and sigh. Then Kiyoko suddenly speaks.

"I'm glad there's another girl on the team." She turns to you, her black hair covering her right eye.

"Me too. It's fun spending time with the guys, but they can get a bit too much." You laugh.