Serve Twenty

"Take a five minute break!" Daichi shouts to the team. Satoru comes stomping over, panting as he reaches out for his water bottle. You giggle as you hand it to him, and he plops himself beside you.

"I'm so exhausted." He groans before tilting his head back and downing his drink.

"I bet you are. All that running around made me tired, and I was only watching." You smile. He hums, refusing his lips to leave his bottle. After the incident with Kageyama, Satoru had become more aware of you than normal. You couldn't get one word with any of the team members without feeling Satoru looking over, watching, listening. Nothing was private now. You'd explained that you had allowed Kageyama to drop the 'San' from your name, but hadn't realized he'd do it with your first name. It was too embarrassing to put into words, but you got used to it. Hinata also then decided to use it and Yamaguchi offers for you to call him Tadashi. May was getting more and more draining. And to think the matches were on the 2nd of June, and the team was sweating so much with two weeks and a half to go.

"Are you making Hajime Tofu again, then?"

"What?"

"For the 10th..?" Satoru raises a brow. He then grins at you, chuckling. "You forgot." Then it dawned on you.

"I have lots of time." You brush him off. "Just need to think about it and then I'll figure it out."

"As long as you add my name on the card, I don't really care what you get him."

"Is that really how you treat a friend?"

"It's what boys are like." He shrugs and gets up, holding his bottle loosely. You watch Satoru, his (h/c) hair matted together with sweat, his (e/c) eyes watching everything perceptively. He was becoming more mature by the week, and there you were still looking like you belong in middle school. That's when you spot it.

"Wait, Satoru." You grab his arm. "Your shirt."

"Huh?" He grabs the hem. "It's threading..."

"I'll get my pouch." You search through your bag for a moment. Moments later you pull out a small bag, the size of a wallet, and remove black thread, a needle and a pair of tiny scissors. "Stay still."

"Why don't I just take it off?" He questions, but stands still. You furrow your brow as you put the thread through the hoop and begin sewing up the small hole.

"You're not standing in the gym with just shorts on." You reply. You flip up the bottom of the shirt and sew it up from the inside, pinching the fabric together. It was a minute before you finished and flattened it out and looked at your handy work. Taking the small scissors, only one finger fitting in each hole, you cut off the extra string. "Done." You say firmly as you stuff the small cutting in the pouch and put it back in your bag.

"Thanks." He nods and runs back to Noya. You sigh and turn back to your phone.  All this extra time here was boring,  you'd even completed all your homework too. You wanted to be useful. You'd do anything at this point to keep yourself occupied. The only highlight at the moment was playing online with Kenma and texting Hajime and Tooru. You sigh, looking down to your shoes.

"(F/n)-chan." A soft voice spoke. You look up to see Kiyoko.

"Yes?" You get up, sensing she wanted something.

"Can you come with me?" She asks. You nod, watching her curiously. She leads you to the sports closet and from the back she tries pulling out something. You watch her, the item covered in dust. Without a word, you join her in removing the larger black fabric from behind the poles. With a yank, dust flies up into the air. Using one hand to cover your mouth and the other to hold the sheet, you raise a brow to Kiyoko.