Serve Six

"Better luck next time." You encourage.

"Next time I'll be on Shouyo's side so I'll win." He grumbled. You quirk a brow.

"You're meant to want to play against him again so you can stop his balls." You say.

"Don't care. I'm not playing against him again." Satoru pouts, downing his drink. You shake your head and laugh under your breath. Silently, you watch Tanaka approach Daichi and Sugawara.

"Da-Daichi, Suga, did you two know those two could attack like that, when you said what you said?" Tanaka asks. "You're telepathic!"

"Huh?" Daichi and Suga tilt their heads. Then Sugawara scrunched up his face in realization.

"Of course not. I just meant he should give Hinata tosses he'd have no trouble spiking." Sugawara explains.

"I thought maybe Hinata could get used to Kageyama's somewhat reckless tosses... But that isn't exactly what happened." Daichi adds.

"I thought he knew, that's why he said it." You deadpan to Satoru. "Am I the only one that saw their potential?"

"You mean you got it before Daichi?!" Satoru shouts, slapping his hands on his cheeks. You cringe at his shouts and blush in embarrassment as your senpai's stare at you.

"Satoru!" You stress.

"What's he talking about (S/n)-san?" Daichi asks you. Your mouth sets in a firm line and you freeze.

"Excuse my sister. But my dear (F/n) said at the beginning of the week, Kageyama and Shouyo would make a awesome duo. And that I'm even more awesome." He sends them a smug smile. Your nose twitches as you sigh. Great, now you're going to have to explain yourself. You look up into Daichi's eyes.

"I said that if we utilize Hinata and Kageyama-San, they can create an amazing duo that'd be hard to beat... But I only got it from what you said Daichi-Senpai. I thought you could see it too." You smile awkwardly.

"I was hoping they would simply fight together, but they only made each other stronger." Daichi explains his idea. You nod in understanding.

"But it's like, they're two amazing people, and when you put that together, it becomes even better." You explain, making random hand signals.

"You make no sense." Satoru bluntly states.

"Yes I do! Like in math, you guys saw it as 10 + 10, therefore getting 20. But I saw it as 10 x 10, giving us 100. . . Well maybe not one hundred, they're not that good..." You scratch your head. "Hinata's like a 4 or 5, and Kageyama-san is like a 7."

"You're right. Hinata is raw, but he has natural speed and jumping ability." Daichi nods, rubbing his chin. "Then Kageyama perfectly utilizes Hinata's abilities with his finely-honed skill. The two of them bring out each other's best. As a duo, they may exceed all expectations."

"Let's go over to them." Satoru grabs your arm and pulls you over to them before you could say bye to your Senpais.

"They're weird though. . . Like some sort of alien. . ." Satoru laughs quietly. "He'd love them."

"Can it, just congratulate them on their win." You roll your eyes.

"Tsukishima." Hinata calls, putting his hand out.

"What?" The blond looks at him boredly.

"We're supposed to shake hands before and after a match. Though we didn't do that at first today. Besides, we're teammates now. Though that doesn't make me happy." Hinata grumbles. Tsukishima pulls a sour face at Hinata, not moving an inch. "Hurry up." Hinata whispers. "Don't you know. They'll kick you out the gym if you don't show team spirit." You giggle quietly to yourself.