Serve Twenty Three

You abandon standing with Hajime and Tooru as the set comes to an end, your notebook full of the game that had just finished. Kindaichi, or Turnip Head, apologized about what had happened the last time you met. You weren't happy about the reminder, your skin crawling in agitation at both teams, but you let it slide, now it's the time to be supporting your team for their next match, not criticizing them for their past. You rush down the stairs, having spotted Karasuno leaving the court moments before. You shove your notebook into your bag, taking long strides towards the meeting area. As you approach, you spot Ukai and Daichi. You slow your pace, taking deep breaths as you approach Daichi's side.

"1:30? That long?" Daichi repeats back to Ukai, raising an unsure brow. His brown eyes skim read the paper given to him, displaying the times and teams.

"That's an hour and fifteen minutes." You speak up, eyebrows furrowed in thought. "I guess other teams haven't played yet, as there are only four courts and, like, forty teams playing. Daichi shifts back, knocking arms with Ukai as the elder swears under his breath.

"(F/n), what have I told you about doing that?" Ukai scolds, a crease forming between his brows. Why do you alway sneak up on people?

"The rambling or just existing?" You raise a brow, a cocky grin on your face. "Either way, it gives enough time to eat the orange slices!" You exclaim, grinning broadly as you stare ahead. You chuckle, giddy, as you clench your fists. "I cannot tell if I'm still pumped from the last match or excited for the next." You breathe.

"Glad to see you." Daichi chuckles airily, closing his eyes. "I'm expecting you to boost morale."

"Sure thing, Cap'n." You nod, looking up at him. You could hear the team ahead chattering away, Nishinoya helping Tanaka stretch and Kageyama and Hinata talking, loudly, as always. Ukai speaks, you barely catch it as your eyes dart around for a certain player. Two players in fact. Daichi informs the team of the starting time, and Ukai advises them on eating and re-hydrating. You dump the bag as the team begins conversing and approach Tsukishima.

"Moon, where's Gucci and Sat?" You question, worry clear in your eyes. The taller sighs.

"How rude. No hello, just straight to the point. Didn't your family teach you manners?" He places a hand on his hip, eyes half-lidded as he looks down on you.

"Yes, snark appreciated, but answer the question." You sigh back, bored of his attitude.

"They went out to get some air." He replies, seemingly bored as he walks away. You frown, lips pulling and eyes half-lidded.

"You're such an ass, Moon Moon." You fold your arms. He stops, peering at you over his shoulder. He appears to be leering, but you couldn't tell. His perpetual height always made it seem this way. You step around him, and the team, and snatch away some orange slices from the plastic box on the floor. You and Kiyoko had prepared them this morning. You grab a handful of napkins that sat beside it. Taking eight of them, you bundle them up and take diligent steps towards the exit, searching for Satoru and Yamaguchi.

You first catch a loud groan, then a lazy yawn with broad arm movements. "If there's anything more eye-catching than Satoru..." You mumble, turning your body towards the two. Satoru, despite his small frame, took up most of the seat with his spread legs, leaning back and placing his palms on the back of the bench. Yamaguchi, bless his soul, sat small, back hunched and knees together. The two seemed like opposites. You jog over, hands filled with oranges before stopping. You clear your throat, head falling to the side.

"If you want a seat, go find another bench." Satoru's voice is dark, not bothering to check who is speaking. From this, you deduce his annoyance.

"Sat, if you were a spice," His quickly looks to you, "you'd be vanilla." You give a smirk. "Now move your arm before I break it." His arm snaps back as Yamaguchi stares at you in shock.