Serve Four

"We're so late!" Satoru shouts as he runs towards the gym.

"I'm not late. School doesn't start for another forty minutes." You reply calmly as you jog next to your brother.

"But Super Secret Practice started twenty minutes ago!" Satoru retorts.

"You do realize that the practice is for Hinata and Kageyama-san?" You squint at him.

"Don't care! Don't care! Don't care!" Satoru chants as he turns the corner and runs to the gym. You let out a bitter sigh before walking into the gym just in time to see Hinata emptying his stomach.

"Hinata!" You panic, running over to him as your Senpai's start shouting. You fall to your knees beside him and rub his back. "Are you alright?" You drop your bag, looking for a packet of tissues. You holding it out, before cringing at the muck dripping off his chin. You fold the tissue in half and swipe upwards for him. "You should wash out your mouth and I'll give you some gum." You help him up as his legs shake. "Tanaka-kun, hurry up with that mop! Satoru, get me a water bottle!" You order them as you bring Hinata over to the side bench. Tanaka and Satoru run around in a panic as Kageyama and Sugawara watch them. Satoru hands you a water bottle to which you give to Hinata. He chugs down the bottle. Once he's finished, you hand him some gum. Hinata takes it groggily and chews it. You watch everyone; Tanaka was grumbling as he wipes the floor, Sugawara was speaking to Kageyama and Satoru was fussing over Hinata beside you.

"'Hank oo (S/n)-'han." Hinata slurs as he chews the gum loudly. You cringe at him slightly.

"No problem. I'm not really bothered by sick." You admit sheepishly, placing your hand on the middle of his back. "Do you feel any better now?"

"Ham 'ine." He replies. You rub his back soothingly and give him a small smile. He looks really sluggish. Satoru panics over him. You shake your head. Satoru is never able to keep a level head, ever. 

"if you didn't feel well, you shouldn't have pushed yourself and come into school." You scold softly, rubbing circles into his back.

"I'm not ill!" He pipes up.

"The vomit on the floor begs to differ." You give him a leveled look. 

"No, no! I've just been playing nonstop for a while." You suck in your lips.

"It's true." Kageyama says softly. you look up at him from your spot beside Hinata. You hadn't even looked at Kageyama when you yelled at him. He seems withdrawn now, not entirely facing you and rubbing his neck. he's frowning too. You sigh and get up, Satoru immediately nicking your spot and yammer away to Hinata. You approach Kageyama, and he turns to face you properly. He looks kinda worried, but that may just be you projecting.

"I..." you open your mouth, then snap it shut again. You fronw, looking down. "Sorry for yelling at you. I feel bad, but I-um-I don't regret what I said." You purse your lips, looking at him with wide eyes, determined. He raises his eyebrows, looking startled. 

"Right." He nods, unsure. You nod firmly, staring straight at him. You begin to turn away, not knowing what else to say. You just put yourself into a weird situation. "... you weren't wrong."

○ Time Skip ○

You watched as the freckled boy, Yamaguchi, gets called out of class. The teacher started talking about maths but you couldn't help your gaze falling back on the door.