You See Each Other After Your Breakup

A/N:

So here is somehow a sequel to my breakup preference. I'm very happy and I think I'm somehow turning it into a series even though I don't want to haha!

Luke:

It was a shaky hand that was resting against the wooden door to Michael's apartment, your breathing unsteady and your eyes fighting the chance to not let tears spill from them. You knew if you allowed one single tear, the other ones would dominant and make your eyes just as puffy as they had been this morning. You couldn't stand this state any longer. You had to get over yourself, get over everything that happened and erase the three years of your life that somehow ended up becoming wasted. You weren't worth the tears any longer and in case Luke was home he was gonna witness this. You wouldn't allow that to yourself. Your breathing quickened when you knocked twice against the door, took a step back and panic almost overwhelming your body by the sound of footsteps appearing. You held your breath when the door was opened, and a sigh of relief escaped your lips by the sight of Michael in front of you. "Hey.." He said softly, noticing your vulnerable state and he furrowed his eyebrows when he noticed the brown box in your hands. "Can you please give this to Luke?" Your voice cracked in the end by the mention of his name, and you moved your face away to not look at Michael, a few tears slipping out of the corner of your eyes. "Don't you want to give it to him face to face?" Michael asked tenderly, trying not to make you more upset than already but you shook your head no even though it might had been more appropriate and mature. "Please just give it to him. It's the last part of his stuff. I don't want it near me any longer." You reached your arms forward and almost pushed the box into Michael's chest, a small huff leaving his lips. "Who is it, Mike?" A too familiar voice said from behind Michael and your eyes widened by the instant sight of Luke coming into vision, his hair mat but somehow he looked decent. That changed dramatically when he noticed you standing in front of their door, his eyes widening and he pushed past Michael. "Please Y/N, just stay so we can talk!" He reached his arm forward but before he could get a grip of you, you were sprinting down the stairs, hurrying towards your car with tears clouding your eyes and sobs leaving your lips. This was too much for you. Luke clenched his jaw and ran a hand through his hair frustrated while Michael stared at him with a sympathetically expression. "She won't speak to me. Not personally, not over the phone, she doesn't even want to offer me a text." Luke smacked his head against the doorframe repeatedly, a devastated expression on his face. "Mate, I understand your frustration but you need to give her time. Cheating is never acceptable, even if it is in a drunken state." Even if Michael was trying to cheer him up or somehow make the situation better but it wasn't helping for Luke. He looked down at the box now resting in Michael's hands and without reaction he pushed the box out of his hands, letting his stuff float out on top of the doormat around Michael's feet. He didn't even want to see what was in the box. He only had one mission in his mind and that was to get you back but by your stubbornness his situation and mission seemed to fail miserable, just like his life was falling apart by each second of being apart from you.

Calum:

"I don't understand... You like me?" Ashton was looking confused, his fingers pulling onto his bottom lip while he looked out in the distance, not focusing on anything. You bit your lip while nodding, trying to fight the tears from spilling. He finally had to know and now as the time to admit this. You had been battling with yourself, overwhelming yourself with thoughts that you couldn't deal with. You wanted to scream and yell, tell everyone what was going on in your mind but it was hard expressing when you had no idea what was going on. "I never wanted this to happen... But it did. What did Calum tell you?" Ashton looked up confused by your question, his eyebrows furrowing. It was like a whole new world made sense to him, Calum's lies, and the sudden odd stares from you along with the sudden distance. "He told me he couldn't stand a long-distance relationship. That he needed to be free in order to have some of his youth back because you were holding him back. All of that was a lie?" You nodded your head and leaned your head against the doorframe to the studio, fiddling with your hands and sighed deeply. Of course Calum lied. It was better for him than telling the truth to everyone. "Why are you telling me this?" He placed his drumsticks on top of the little drum and stood up from his chair, his hair dampen from the drumming and his cheeks flushed red. "Because I need to get this off my chest. I've been walking around on my own, knowing that it would be the stupidest mistake of my life to admitting such a huge mistake of mine. I need to talk to someone about this and the only person I could think about was you." You wrapped your arms around yourself and took a deep breath to calm your breath. "He says you like me too." You looked up at Ashton, and you had to admit to yourself there was some kind of hope in your veins. Even if you didn't want to and it was killing you. Ashton hesitated in his voice, looking between the floor and you in a nervous habit. "I would lie if I admitted I've never had feelings for you Y/N, but that was before everything with you and Calum. You're really sweet and all Y/N but I can't do it to Calum. I'm sorry." You nodded your head agreeing to Ashton's words, oh how you wished you could be like him. It was enough for you to not hold in the tears any longer and Ashton let out a small sympathetic sound before he hurried towards you and cradled you in his arms. You pressed your cheek against his chest and allowed every single emotion to float out of you. It was nice finally having someone to come out to, show your real state of life because at the moment you were feeling more miserable and alone than ever. He shushed at you quietly but stopped when the door to the studio went open and his eyes widened when he saw Calum walk inside. Calum looked between the two of you, his eyebrows furrowing and his blood boiling with water. "You guys are fucking unbelievable." He mumbled under his breath, looking directly at you in an intense eye contact before he ripped the door open again, marched out and smacked it so loud you were sure everyone in the building could hear it.