Pregnancy Series | Finding Out The Gender

Luke:

Small talks from Luke and Liz was the only thing that was volume in the smaller area on the pregnancy department at the smaller hospital Liz had found on the internet, it being the closest to you guys on the current place of the tour, you lying on the bed next to them, listening to them talk and mainly waiting for the midwife. Since Liz had found the hospital, she wanted to be 100% clear that it wasn’t something none professional which was the main reason why she wanted to join you guys; plus she wanted to see the growing state of her unborn grandchild. Sooner than expected, the door to the room crept open and inside walked in a young woman in white hospital dress, muttering out a small hi with a smile before she walked towards her equipment “So.” The midwife asked, taking a seat on her chair. “Any contemplation on which gender it’s going to be?” She asked, turning on the computer in front of her, looking down at you with a smile. “Well, we think it is a girl, yet Luke thinks it’s a boy.” Liz explained, crossing her leg over the other as she bumped her shoulder into Luke’s next to her. “It’s a boy, I told you guys.” He defended, raising his arms in surrender as his mom scolded at him. “I’m 100% sure.” He stated, his thumb running over the back of your hand as your fingers were intertwined in a tight grip, the both of you buzzing with adrenaline. “We’ll found out then.” The midwife spoke as she found the tub with gel, you removing your shirt from your belly and letting her split the content on your prodding stomach, “Cold as always.” She mentioned as she noticed your hissing manor, a chuckle coming from Luke’s lips. “Now, let’s see.” She mumbled, using the transducer to spread out the gel whilst turning on the screen in front of you guys, sooner the black and white image of your developing baby being showed on it. “It’s so much bigger than last time.” You said in awe, a hand coming in front of your mouth. “Let me see.” The midwife mumbled, running the transducer around to get a better angle. “Testosterone has been produced so it’s not harsh to see what it is.” She smiled, “It prompts the bud to grow and develop into what you can see now as a very small penis.” By the midwife’s statement, Luke’s arms raised in victory, looking down at you with a smirk. “I told ya.” He teased, sticking his tongue out at you. “So it is a boy?” You asked, turning your head fast to look at the midwife, “It clearly is a boy.” She confirmed nodding her head and turning on her printer. “I told you so.” Luke teased Liz, now giving her a push with his shoulder. “Trying to get more girls in this family is harder than expected.” Luke shook her head as she spoke but a small smile appeared on her lips anyways, happy to be given the chance to experience and join you guys on this joy incident.

Calum:

”I think it is a girl.” You stated, looking up at Calum with a smirk, your hip pushing into his to annoy him. ”How much do you wanna bet?” Calum smirked, looking down at you as your hands were swinging front and back, fingers intertwined whilst walking down the corridor of the hospital, trying to find the right room to meet up with your midwife. ”If it’s a girl and not a boy? How about we say that the person who is wrong will have to do the dishes for at least 3 weeks or so?” You challenged making his eyes go wide, yet the smirk plastered on his lips didn’t fade away, just increased by your words. ”Fine. That’s a deal.” He reached out his hand for you to shake it, the both of you smirking at each other shaking your hands, walking towards the number that was requested on the papers you had received, walking inside and being greeted by your midwife. ”Happy as always.” She smiled referring to the two of you, you taking a seat on the bed and Calum taking a seat on the chair his hands instantly wrapping around yours, leaning back in his seat with a cocky smirk as he looked up at the screen. ”Any guesses for what gender it’s gonna be?” The midwife asked as she removed your shirt and placed gel all over your stomach, the transducer sooner spreading it out to a small layer, turning on the screen. The both of you yelled up the two different genders in unison, giving each other a fake death glare after. ”Let’s see what’s hiding inside then.” She smiled, running the transducer around to get a full look of the baby, taking screen shots whilst doing it. ”As far as I can see there’s developing penis.” She announced, yet she didn’t seem sure. ”There shouldn’t be!” You stated, looking over at Calum who was smirking, his tongue sticking out at you. ”Let me just take a better look.” She mumbled, zooming in on the screen towards the lower parts of the baby, typing something into her computer. ”See! Penis!” Calum laughed, reaching his hand out and pointing towards where it was.” ”I think you’re correct Mr. Hood.” She smiled, taking a last screenshot. ”So I’m correct? It’s a boy?” He wanted to be 100% sure before hollering in front of you. ”It is a boy Y/N is expecting.” She nodded her head, laughing as Calum raised his hands in victory. ”That’s it. I’m right; you’re going to take the dishes from now.” He stated, his hands going up in surrender, you chuckling at him. ”Remember I am the pregnant one carrying around your child. If I can’t do the dishes you’ll have to do it anyways.” You smirked leaving him with a dumb folded expression as he looked over at the midwife who could only shrug her shoulders.