Baby Series | Crawling For The First Time

Luke:

"I don't think I'll ever get my son back." You commented while embracing a bowl of mashed potatoes in your arms, your back resting against the fridge and your eyes glued to William, Luke and Liz. Andy chuckled lightly by your words and nodded his head agreeing, a happy smile on his lips. "It's the first grandchild in the family, Liz can't control her emotions! She literally didn't talk about anything else than you guys visiting this morning." Andy took out a few dressings made for the Sunday lunch and placed it on top of the dinner table that was set. You sighed softly with a smile on your lips and placed the bowl in the middle, watching as Luke tickled William on the belly while Liz recorded it. The second you stepped inside the entrance of Luke's family home Liz was right in his heels, not even caring about the flowers in his hands but William resting on his hip. They instantly took over the carpet she had bought specially for him and meanwhile Luke joined her you went into the kitchen to help Andy with the food. "By every single day he looks more like you." Liz admired and placed her phone back in her pocket, laughing softly when he wiggled his legs, almost like if he was trying to pull himself up or something. Luke watched him with furrowed eyebrow, his eyes widening when William started to crawl towards Liz. She clapped her hands excited and looked over at Luke curious, "You never told me he had learned to crawl." "That's because this is the first time he is crawling." Luke stated shocked and Liz's eyes widened in surprise and looked down at William as well. "Y/N!" Luke yelled loudly to get your attention, the volume of his voice making you drop the bowl of salad you were supposed to place on top of the table. The bowl crashed instantly when it connected with the floor and a squeal left your lips. "Oh my god." You exclaimed shocked but Liz kept waving her hand for you to approach them. "It doesn't matter it's a cheap bowl from IKEA come on Y/N he's crawling!" Both you and Andy hurried towards them, you stopping when your knees touched Luke's hair to look down and see William use every single muscle in his body to crawl towards his grandmother. A hand came up to your mouth surprised, Liz's smile growing even bigger when William reached out for her. "William you did it, and not just in my house but for the first time ever!" Liz cheered excited, lifting him in the air and pulled him into her side.

Calum:

"Holy, since when did the bunk area turn into a playground?" Michael asked with wide eyes while scanning the area, seeing you sit with Calum and Ashton on a blanket while Luke was sitting with Alex and a toy in his hand. "Since Ashton and Luke decided to buy some presents to make the bunk area more comfortable." You smiled and looked up, seeing Michael stand right behind you. He nodded his head understanding, his eyes tired as he had just taken a nap in the back area. Calum grinned down at Alex sitting on Luke's lap, their eyes locking a mix of drool was drippling down his chin. "I understand that you're in the middle of something very funny but soundcheck starts in two and we were thirty minute late last night so I think we need to step up our games." The three nodded their heads understanding and stood up from the blanket with toys, Luke placing Alex in Calum's arms and smiled softly. "I'll see you in a bit bud." Calum grinned and lifted his son in the air, placing a soft kiss to his nose before he placed him down on the blanket again. He moved down to peck your lips as well before following with the boys, grabbing a few supplements for the soundcheck before they were ready to go. You looked over your shoulder to see them disappear but your eyes widened when you turned your attention back to Alex. "Dada." He mumbled, his legs and arms trying to function together to get forward towards you. Your jaw fell by the sight in front of you, seeing him struggle to take the first crawling steps. "Oh my god, Calum!" You almost yelled surprised, hoping that he would hear your voice even though he had left the tour bus. Two seconds later all boys were back inside, Calum being in front with wide eyes. "What is going on?" He asked almost worried, his eyebrows furrowing but that changed when he saw Alex attempting to crawl. "He's crawling, he's crawling come look!" You exclaimed, clapping your hands together in excitement and pulled out your phone. Calum hurried down the hallway until your back touched his legs and he leaned down and placed his hands on top of your shoulders. Alex did his very best to crawl the last bit down the blanket, smiling up at you guys when you and the boys behind you let out a large cheer. "Oh my god I am so proud of you." You cheered and lifted him in your arms, peppering his soft cheek with kisses while Calum looked down at the two of you exciting, not even caring the slightest whether he was late for soundcheck or not.

Michael:

Chatter and giggles filled the bedroom as Michael walked up the stairs to head towards the room, his hair a bit wet from the rain outside and his cheeks flushing a deep shade of red. He had been out all day, working hard at the studio for a few new songs along with Luke and now he couldn't wait to get home to the sight of you and Celeste. Carefully opening the door to your bedroom a smile broke on his face by the sight in front of him. You were resting on your belly with Celeste in front of you, the two of you giggling of something but he didn't know what. "What is going on with my two girls here?" Michael grinned and leaned his cheek against the wooden doorframe. "We're just goofing around." You answered, watching as Celeste's eyes lit up by the sight of her father. Michael moved away from the doorframe to take a seat on the bed, tickling Celeste on his back and earning a fist of giggles in response. "Did it rain much?" You asked after he gave you a hello kiss, his lips cold and wet from outside. "Yeah but it wasn't much I just had to run from the car to the front door." He smiled and leaned down as well, resting on his belly and focusing on Celeste staring at the two of you with a smile. "What have you guys been doing?" He asked and leaned forward with his hand to softly caress her hand. "We have been giggling at each other. She thinks it's really funny when I make funny faces." You leaned your cheek against Michael's shoulder and smiled down at your daughter lovingly. Michael chuckled lightly by your words and pecked your forehead, his gaze never leaving Celeste as she looked between the two of you curious. In one swift movement she lifted her butt in the air, her legs wiggling as if she was trying to do something. Michael furrowed his eyebrows confused while you sat up on the bed, watching as her arms tried to wiggle with her. "Is she trying to crawl?" You asked amazed and the question was answered when Celeste attempted to crawl forward, Michael's jaw falling by the sight in front of him. "Oh my god Celeste you're so good at this." You giggled and clapped your hands together, motioning for her to crawl closer. "Hold on, I need to record this." Michael hurried to take his phone out of his pocket, the biggest smile embracing his tired face as Celeste crawled closer to you, her face all up in the camera making the both of you giggle with excitement.

Ashton:

With your backs forced against each other, your bums resting on the warm carpet in your living room, the TV running in the background. "Cloe come on, the distance isn't that far." Ashton cheered from your behind, clapping his hands together and you rolled your eyes. "Cloe, don't listen to your father!" You looked over your shoulder to see Ashton glance over his as well, shaking his head by your immature act. You turned your attention back to Zack, clapped your hands together to catch his attention and make an excited face. "Don't listen to your mother, Zack." Ashton mimicked just like you had seconds ago, making his voice high pitched to match yours. You smashed your back against his irritated with a giggle escaping your lips. This competition had been taking to a whole new level. It simply started out with Ashton stating that Cloe would crawl before Zack. You highly disagreed and from that the two of you were battling on who would do it first. And with Ashton's competitive side it didn't take him longer than five minutes to plant his ass on the carpet and place Cloe a meter away from him. Sprinting to do the same, determined not to lose the two of you were now battling against each other. "See Zack, look at this small lion you got from uncle Michael. I assure you can get it if you just use your legs and arms at the same time." You could hear a dry laugh coming from Ashton behind you, and you rolled your arms before waving the lion in the air. Zack registered it immediately, his curious eyes staring up at you. And even if you didn't believe your eyes he started to wiggle slowly, his body team working to make him crawl slightly towards your form, determined to get the lion. It was a high pitched laughter in satisfaction of winning that left your lips but it was overwhelmed by Ashton's excitement behind you. "Zack was crawling first!" You argued immediately, barely getting excited about your daughter crawling as you were clearly the first one here. Ashton shook his head disagreeing and lifted Cloe in the air when she finally touched his legs, peppering her red cheeks with kisses. "Cloe was clearly the first one." Ashton argued in matter of fact and turned around with Cloe in his lap. "No it was Zack." You looked at him with wide eyes and pulled Zack onto your lap, his hands gripping onto the lion tightly. "You wanna make a bet out of that?" He asked with wiggled eyebrows, "Wasn't that how we started in the first place?" You asked confused and leaned your chin on top of Zack's head, laughing by Ashton's reaction as he looked at you with wide eyes and his jaw hanging.