Chapter One

"Steve, honey you're gonna be late!" You yelled, wiping your hands on a kitchen towel by the sink. You turned around and smiled as your husband runs down the stairs, his shield perched on his back, fitted brown pants and a blue button up. His blue eyes meeting yours before he stopped at the bottom of the stairs.

Sometimes I was still in shock I was married to Captain America, and repeatedly got caught drooling, or touching him.
I shook my head, trying to stop my blatant staring as Steve hurriedly grabbed his keys and wallet.
"Honey I should be back in a few days, but I'll be able to text and call this mission," he mentioned quickly, looking around the room in a hurry, "you sure you don't want to stay with Nat or even at the tower with Tony and Bruce? I think Buck's gonna be there too."
I sighed impatiently and raised my eyebrow.
It was the same argument whenever he left for a mission, always trying to talk me into staying with Nat or Tony. Even though I technically had more training in weapons and martial arts than even he or Tony did. It was something I loved to remind them about when we sparred, but I was fine on my own, always have been.

"Steve?" I drawled, moving towards him, "I already let you let Tony install Friday into our home, I'll be fine, jeez such a worrier.."

"You're damned right I worry, the world knows who you're married too, and I don't like leaving you by yourself," he stated, wrapping his big arms around me. His aftershave blended with my shampoo, and I inhaled his smell, noting just how I couldn't get enough of that one little detail, "not after what happened last time.."

He was right to be worried, but I was a soldier.
About a year after we'd gotten married, HYDRA tried to kidnap me, and nearly destroyed the small apartment we started out in. Of course they didn't know I had an arsenal behind my favorite bookcase in the living room, nor that I was a better assassin than Natasha Romanov, but they should of.
I was one of the best agents affiliated with SHIELD and the Avengers, and those eight men died horribly almost as soon as they walked in. Blood and gore dotted every surface, bodies layed broken, as did much of our new furniture. My dad and Tony showed up almost twenty minutes later, yelling and screaming, worried, while my new husband was out on a mission.
I was fine, a little shaken up, and bruised, but Steve freaked out, and has been pushing me to stay with friends while he's gone, ever since.

"That was a couple of years ago, I'll be fine, besides I'll be at the facility training those recruits Hill just okayed for the next couple of weeks," I replied, kissing his chest, while he sighed against me, "I love you."

"And I love you, so much. I hate leaving you like this, I don't even know why Coulson asked Barton and I to go, recruits could of handled something like this," he started, kissing the top of my head, with chapped lips. He was so warm, and his taut muscles rippled against my softer body, heating my skin, but I had to giggle into his shirt.
After three years together, and constant interruptions by missions, he still hated leaving me, and I still hated watching him go.

"Hey it's fine, I miss you too when you're gone, or I'm out, but I understand, we both do. This is our jobs handsome, and I married Captain America, so go save the world, then when you get home I'll rock yours, maybe even wear a few things I bought a few weeks ago," I whispered, lifting my head and kissing his lips. I slid my tongue across his bottom lip, while my nails trailed up his thighs, grinning when I heard his breath hitch in his throat, and his grip tighten on my back.
"I think you kinda like that Cap?" I hummed in his ear, nibbling on the lobe and watching his neck begin to redden.
"Jump," he demanded.
I snorted as I jumped and wrapped my legs around his waist, as his lips came down hard on mine, forcing a long groan out of my mouth into his. My hands gripped the back of his blonde hair, slightly pulling it, but that's as far as I normally took it, or as far as Steve took it before we headed to our bedroom to make love.