Chapter 4

Tony watched as his best friend took off like a bat out of hell, towards her place. He recognized she was crying, he could always tell when she was upset by the set of her shoulders, and the way her body caved in on itself. It didn't happen often, but when it did, you paid attention.
His heart lightly tugged in his chest, as he watched her leave, unable to stop her or comfort her, but he quickly brushed it aside, and rolled his eyes. She was insane to bring this shit to his attention in the first place, but she was still one of the most important people in his life.

He slid into his car and grabbed his phone. He was taking a small risk, knowing (y/n) would kill him if he meddled, but it probably wouldn't be the last time she threatened him, so he sent a text to Steve.

'After six years of being out of that goddamned ice you're still a moron and know nothing about women!' He texted, putting his phone down and starting his car.

'Why am I a moron this time, and why isn't my wife answering my calls, isn't she with you?' Steve answered almost immediately.

"Friday I need to answer Steve via text," Tony exclaimed, pulling into the steady traffic and heading towards the tower, already regretting getting even more involved.
"Go ahead sir," she replied.

"Oh she was with me, you asshole, but you must of upset her again. She sped off on that death trap you call a bike. She was headed in the direction of your house," Tony replied, as his hands gripped the steering wheel tightly, hoping (y/n) made it home in one piece.

"Sir, Captain Rogers is calling," Friday said, connecting the call.

"Why is she upset?" Steve asked.
Tony could hear the worry in his voice, and he almost felt bad, almost, but the situation (y/n) made him privy too was almost laughable.
Here was one the world's strongest, most beautiful women, who could kill you with just a look, beaten down by just the mere thought of mentioning something about sex to the man she married.
It told him more about their relationship than he wanted to be made aware of, that's for sure, but like he assumed Steve still didn't know shit about his wife, which is something he liked to remind him.
He promised her a long time ago to be there for her, no matter the circumstances, after their sudden break, and by the shattered look on her face, she needed a friend, the one person who she felt she could talk to about anything.

"Tony? I'm not in the mood to be playing games," Steve barked.
"Welcome to the club, but you tell me Capsicle, what did you say to her before she hung up the phone?" Tony asked, assuming Steve wasn't going to tell him, especially not after what happened right before he and (y/n) got married a few years ago.

"That's none of your goddamned business Tony," Steve snapped, seemingly more angry.

Tony huffed with impatience, there was a part of him that just wanted to scream at Steve, but he had to remember that Steve came from a different time period, and while he had quickly acclimated himself to the world he woke up too, he was still a moron.