Chapter 5

"Hit here and here, weight and balance should sit on your hips and legs," I repeated as Nat and I watched the recruits practice on the long line of dummies, against the far wall.

It'd been six long hours of training so far today, and they had improved, but still needed alot of work. A few of them had even sprained their wrists, since they still didn't seem to understand how to make a fist, nor punch, correctly, which was starting to wear, my already, thin patience down. In fact, I was surprised I hadn't lost my shit yet, and beat the hell out of someone.
"If you try to use just the strength in your arms, you're fucked, and I'd be left training more recruits to make up for the loss," I barked, seeing a few of them flinch with my words.

"What Agent Rogers means, is that while your upper body holds some of your strength, your lower body, and stomach can double, even triple the strength of a punch. Which, if you're in a hand to hand with more than one opponent, can be the deciding factor between life and death," Nat corrected, demonstrating her punching technique, and softening my harsh blow.

"Aw c'mon agents, can we spar each other already, this punching a dummy shit's getting old," recruit Castaneda sneered, while his brown eyes greedily assessed Romanoff, "maybe some real life action would work better.."
My nostrils flared with aggravation as I took in the recruits' beefy arms, legs and gelled back hair. His stupid retort shouldn't of gotten the better of me, but I was already twitching with anger and pent up frustration from my dream, and looming conversation with Steve. Plus the kid's leery smile begged for an ass whoopin.
'Agent Douchebag,' I thought, and striaghtened my shoulders.

I rolled my eyes and glanced at Natasha, hoping she could read the pissed off look on my face, and what it meant, but she shook her head.
There was always one or two recruits, usually males, who were always ready to move forward and demonstrate their supposed experience and dominance, especially when women were around. He wasn't the first, nor would he be the last recruit I'd have to spar in order to establish dominance, but my patience was nearing it's end.

"Yah, I agree. Can we do some real fighting?" Ripley added, smiling over at me, and licked his lips.

Both of these men were already gearing towards being the top of the class, a class that was no where near ready for legitimate hand to hand combat and farther behind than any class I'd taught to date, but I for one always liked to make sure that men, like Castaneda and Ripley, were put in their place. Not only for my benefit, but for the benefit of SHIELD.
If they couldn't take orders from us, their female superiors and/or counterparts, their was no way they were going to make it out on the field, and these two were already on my shit list, even though it'd only been two days so far.
No, this needed to be handled now, so Natasha and I could move this forward, quickly, without questions or interruptions from these two assholes.

I clenched my fists as Castaneda circled around Nat, watching her body move, and leering at her. Both men knew exactly who we were, and yet they believed they had a chance to stand against me and Natasha, which forced my resolve to snap.

"Red, take him in the ring," I snapped, watching the recruit's eyes flash with confidence.
Who the fuck did these kids think they were fighting, Nat was going to eat this kid alive?
"And don't go easy on him, I don't have time for this shit today, but if these two fuckrags need to be reminded who's in charge, then let's do this," I hissed, and popped my neck, "Ripley, you'll be with me after Romanoff puts your friend in his place."
I realized my anger was getting the better of me, and should of sent Ripley and Castaneda home, or better yet, upstairs to dad and Fury, but I needed to hit something.
I'd deal with the fallout later.

I began to pace back and forth, my anger only rising, as Castaneda winked at Nat, which should of put a stop to everything, but I casually nodded at Tasha, giving her permission to move forward.
It also didn't help that my mind continued to flash back to this morning, making my body even more sensitive than usual. It aggravated me, that my skin still burned, and my suit was making me uncomfortably hot, but I was past the point of giving a shit.