Chapter 18

Bzzzz, bzzz, bzzzz

Steve hurriedly grabbed his phone, and turned the vibration feature off before it woke up his dark haired beauty, still curled up against him. He'd been up for over an hour, but instead of going on his usual morning run, he checked the small cuts and scrapes on her face, and just watched her sleep, enjoying the fact she had clung too him like a vine, after they finally made it to their bedroom.
Last night wasn't anything short of a spiritual experience for him. Never in his entire life did he ever see his hand coming down on a woman's backside, let alone someone he was in love with, but he also never imagined enjoying it. He knew she did, by the noises, and wet spots on the arm of their couch, but he was still coming to terms with everything that had happened in the last twenty four hours. His hand on his wife's ass, was at the forefront of all those thoughts.
"What are you doing to me, doll?" He whispered, carefully brushing her hair off her cheek, and reassessing the small scratches on her face.
It was a question he started asking himself almost as soon as she knocked him on his ass in front of everyone almost five years ago. She had changed so much for him, in such a short time, hell, she was still changing so much for him, and he was grateful for every single moment she gave him.
Looking at her, he realized he loved her more and more as each day passed. He'd never experienced a love like this, and he wanted to show her in any way that he knew possible just how much she meant to him.

After he carried her to their bathtub, then their bed, something clicked when they made love slowly. She trusted him with her life, and her soul, he knew that now, beyond a shadow of a doubt. There were no words spoken by either of them, just hushed moans, full of love, and he knew there was nothing they couldn't face together.
She would need him now, more than ever, now with Tony's revelation, along with Natasha's, Bucky's and Bruce's. If Tony took his advice, and decided to back off, (y/n) was going to feel the sting of that, and he needed to be there for her.

"Steve..." she mumbled, slowly opening her eyes, and immediately meeting his. She inched closer, and squeezed his body, "what's the matter baby? Are you okay..?"
"Honey, I'm more than okay, I'm the one who should be asking you, if you're okay?" He replied, pulling her closer, and trailing his fingers down her naked back.

I kissed his hard chest, and slowly stretched my sore legs. I scrunched up my face, loosening the scratches on my face, but there wasn't a part on my body that wasn't sore, or marked by teeth, and fingers, and I was content, happy, and loved.
The problems surrounding us seemed to flutter to the background, over shadowed by what we did last night. I layed my trust and love in Steve's hands, and he had saved me, protected me from the dark thoughts of Tony and my past.
There was still the wonder and worry about Tony, and the aftermath of what had happened, but I no longer feared living without Tony. I no longer bathed in anger, and confusion because my place was here, laying with Steve. He was my rock, and would always be, just as I would be his.
"Hey, you still with me?" Steve reiterated, tilting my head up with his hand. My eyes met his, and a small content sigh left my mouth.
This beautiful, loving, man was mine, and he would always be. There was no question anymore, no fear about what to say, or who we were...
"I'm with you till the end of the line," I whispered, brushing my lips against his.
"I know sweetheart, I know, more than ever.." He whispered, pushing me back against our pillows, and covering me in his smell, "now, I want you to turn over, I need too check where I hit you."
"Steve, I'm fine, and you didn't hit me, you spanked me, punished me for my recklessness," I sighed, still feeling the warmth on my backside, "don't ruin the moment, I just want.."
"Babe, I should feel bad, but what we did last night, I've never experienced something so... so brash, but beautiful at the same time. I love you, and I told you, no lies between us," he stated, before he kissed my nose and slowly turned me over on my bare stomach. His warm hands trailed over my legs, and thighs, lighting my skin on fire.
"You.." he chuckled, as a soft kiss landed on my back, "are the most," another kiss, lower on my tailbone, "beautiful woman I've ever met, and I love you."
I heard the snap of a bottle, and cool lotion dripped on my buttcheeks. "Last night, I'm sorry honey, but even after all we've done, and everything we've been through, jealousy seems to still have a hold over me when it comes to you and Tony," he paused, when I shifted under his ministrations on my backside, but continued before I could say anything, "but that's not.. When I saw your body flying through the glass... I felt everything, along with fear...fear I was going to lose you, fear I wasn't going to be enough to keep you here with me..."
I quickly propped myself up, and grabbed his face, "listen too me, look at me," I mustered, ignoring our nakedness, and staring into his deep blue eyes. The heaviness that sat on my chest after our confrontation was gone, replaced with the belief that I would be okay, because Steve was there supporting me. He was going to catch me if I fell.
"After all I've been through, all I've seen..you've made all of that pain, all that death, worth it, all of it," I sighed, hearing both our phones go off, but grabbed his and mine off the nightstand and tossed them onto the floor, "Steve... even though dad saved me, and set me on my path of retribution, I drifted, wondering where I belonged. I never believed I would know love, or a family beyond dad, all of those things were taken from me when my parents died. I'm sure you remember from our earlier conversations or views you may of had about me, I didn't make it easy for Phil or really anyone to get close too me, I was too messed up, to broken, and too damned mad, but after dad stayed by my side, then Tony, Natasha... After they came along it became easier, but still.. I wasn't whole. I assumed it was my parents death's, that their murder had taken more from me, than just them.." I paused when one of his hand's tightened around my waist, and his other hand brushed some hair away from my face.
"Tell me," he whispered, sliding a thumb over my scratched cheek.
"Steve, when I first saw you, I knew, not in so many words, but I knew it was you. You were what was missing. You have no idea how everything changed for me after our first kiss, " I decreed, and smiled, "I never was one to believe in falling in love, or finding someone, but things became so much easier for me to experience, to see and feel. I fell in love with you Captain Rogers, you..you made me whole again, and that end of the line motto isn't just between you and Buck, but me as well. Do you understand me Steve?"
"I do," he replied, inching forward and taking over my lips with his, "I understand more than you think I do."
"Then don't worry about last night, or Tony, or your hand print on my ass,"I shrugged, smiling when Steve snorted against my lips, "honey it hurts that Tony didn't tell me what was really going on, or that he put me in the position where I felt like I needed to choose, but with everything we've been through I've always chosen you. I can't go back and change anything between Tony and I, and I wouldn't anyways, I belong with you, every part of me does. Trust me, and believe me when I say I love you with everything I have," I sighed, giving him a deviant smile, and a quick peck on his lips, "besides your dick's bigger than Tony's, soooo, there's that too," I giggled when Steve nearly choked and began tickling my sides.

"I can't believe you just said that... do you have any idea how hard it's going to be too look him in the eye without thinking about that one sentence you just uttered?!" He jested, still gripping my sides, "Jesus (y/n)."

I giggled again while I slipped on one of his t-shirts, but sobered when I met his concerned eyes, "hey, I'm just letting you know, I'll be okay, it's just gonna take some time that's all.. and size really does matter.." I squealed, leaping away from his outstretched hands, and running downstairs, towards the kitchen.
I barely made it to the living room when Steve tackled me from behind and we fell over the couch onto the floor.
His hot breath tickled my ear, "your sense of humor is wicked doll, and seems to get worse with age."
"Touche, but you love me," I snickered, tilting my hips up towards his naked waist.
"You're insatiable, and I don't think I.. oh..ok, nevermind.." he stuttered when my hand gripped his shaft, and it hardened immediately, "you're going to kill us both one of these days babe."
"Are you complaining about our sex life Captain Rogers, already?" I asked, licking my hand and sliding it back over his bulging erection.
"Honey, we've had more sex in the last three days than we have in the last three weeks," he stated, but moaned nonetheless as I slowly worked him over.
"That's not my fault Cap," I responded, holding his face in my other hand, sobering rather quickly, "we'll be okay Steve, I promise. We may need to pound on Buck and Red for their stupidity, but you and me, we'll be okay."
"Oh I believe you honey," he sighed while I slowly slipped his length inside me. There was a slight sting, and my muscles ached, but I welcomed his invasion, and the warmth that quickly spread throughout my womb and stomach.
"Then let's just concentrate on the here and now, and let the outside world wait," I added, throwing my head back, and wrapping my legs around his waist. It didn't take long for the tightening in my womb to grip his shaft harder.
"Yes ma'am," he grunted, gripping one of my thighs roughly, and pushing me deeper into our carpet, "I'll never get enough of you...ever...." He rushed out, carrying both of us on waves of pleasure, love, and contentment.