Chapter 25 You're Not Alone

"Morning, uh, have you guys seen (y/n)?" Steve asked as he quickly walked into the common room, "she wasn't in the lab, or conference room..?"
Her brothers, and Natasha were already sitting at the bar eating breakfast, surrounded by plates of pancakes, sausage, bacon. In fact, most of the plates seemed to belong to Dean.
He gave them all a small smile, and looked around the room, "did you guys sleep okay?"
When he woke up this morning, his wife was gone, and their bed was cold, which just reinforced his worry. He couldn't imagine what (y/n) was going through after hearing what her brothers went through. He, along with everyone else, was having a hard time believing all the crazy things they mentioned, but he recognized the haunted look in both her brother's eyes. It was the same look all soldiers ended up with.
Steve was actually surprised he was able to sleep, after all that, but with the excitement from the last few days, he was exhausted, and hoped a little sleep, with his wife would help them both.

"As good as can be expected, and she's on the couch," Sam replied, and pointed to the farthest couch, near the east end of the common room, "I covered her up, she looked like she was freezing."
"Thank you," Steve sighed, and hurriedly walked to the beige couch. A small smile tugged at his lips, as he looked down at her. She was bundled up underneath the blanket, and her hair was everywhere. Her face was relaxed in her sleep, no furrowed brow, or frown, just peace, and he didn't have the heart to wake her.
He didn't notice Dean watching him, seemingly overtaken by the way the Captain softened when he saw her. He still hadn't relinquished out loud he had a sister, but he knew it. He felt it last night, when she reiterated it to him, and now he feared for her, because she had no idea what was coming, none of them did.
Dean believed nothing in this world could surprise him anymore, but even after their father passed, and twenty some odd years later, he still didn't know shit about his dad, or the secrets he took to his grave.
He remembered finding the pictures in the bunker, the one Sam spoke of, but didn't think anything of it. Her first name was written on the back, but nothing else, for all they knew, she was a person of interest, a case his dad had worked on, but after last night, it just reiterated who she was, and the fact that dad never told him. He probably wouldn't of believed him anyways, although stranger things had happened.
Cas still hadn't really said what was going on, even after their small fight once everyone went to bed, which sent Cas out of the tower, but he was too old for secrets, and Cas knew, from experience, what secrets, especially family secrets, could do to all of them. He sighed, and looked down at the huge amount of food surrounding him. He wasn't really hungry anymore, but he didn't want to waste the huge pile of pancakes and bacon he still had on his plates. He just hoped Cas would hurry up and get his feathery ass back here, so he could explain just what the hell was going on.

"If she's anything like Dean when she's woken up, I'd just let her sleep," Sam snickered, while Dean rolled his eyes.
"Yah, she's definitely not a morning person," Natasha laughed, and sent a bright smile to Buck as he walked in, "she's full of piss and vinegar in the mornings, especially if we have training."
"Okay, explain something to me, call me curious," her older brother mumbled over a mouthful of food, "I know she's good, she has to be, in order to be an Avenger, but like how good we talking here? I mean the news and internet say she's just as deadly as most of you.."
Steve rolled his eyes, and lightly slid in next to his wife, while she shifted closer to him.
"Uh, are you asking if your sister is really a superhero?" Bucky jested, and grabbed some bacon off Nat's plate.
"No, I think what Dean means is he's curious about our long lost sister, and her abilities, which is a good sign," Sam replied, and chewed his egg white omelet.
"Sam," Dean countered and rolled his eyes.
"Well, then that's easy. When some of the new Avengers were first brought together, she was one of the ones called on to train them. Then she beat the shit out of all of us, since Steve didn't like her attitude, but he apparently liked his ass whoopin so much he fell in love," Natasha cooed, and sent Cap a smirk, "she's been training for years, actually she started not long after Phil found her, and she's one of the best, and fiercely loyal to all of us."
"Wait, she was able to beat all of you?" Deam scoffed, and put down his bacon, "seriously?"
"Yep, Phil, Fury, and one of the other directors trained her personally. She wanted to be trained, partly cause she wanted to be like Phil, but mostly because she wanted to be prepared, she didn't want to be useless, like she felt when your parents passed," Natasha shrugged, and met Steve's eyes from across the room, "she's been on more missions than most of us, and she's one of the few in the organization who Fury trusts implicitly. So make no mistake gentlemen, she's one of the best."
"She almost killed me a few years ago, and would have if it wasn't for the carrier falling apart, and Steve stopping her," Buck added, and feigned a shiver.