Chapter 20

A hard hand slapped him awake.
"(Y/n)?" He moaned painfully, taking a few seconds to remember their harsh fight, and his quick departure after Steve berated him, "Pep?" He called out unable to move, or hear anything, but the instinctual sense of fight or flight hit his gut as images of light flashed in his brain. The hair on the back of his neck stood up and the sour taste of fear poisoned his throat.
This had to be some nightmare.
He was going to wake up in a bar or motel, hungover with alcohol everywhere, maybe even with some unknown woman curled up next too him.
There was no way what he saw flying above the clouds was real, but the image of golden wings, manic grin, and deep voice, kept him from opening his eyes. He tried to move but couldn't, no matter how hard he tried, even the air seemed to stand still around him.
There were no chains holding him in the uncomfortable seat he was in, and he started to panic.
It was all just a nightmare.

"I'm afraid not, Mr. Stark. So you can open your eyes, and be properly welcomed to my humble abode," that same deep voice reverbated, striking him with a fear he'd never experienced before.
Something dark, akin to oil, or heavy fog, swirled around him, and it finally forced his eyes open.
Numerous men and women with black eyes stared up at him, gazing at him as if he was the main course of some meal.
He shook his head, still clinging to the hope that this was all just some dream, but instead, the rest of the room began to come into focus.
Pillars of rock reached up to the dark ceiling. Old blood spatter drenched the concrete under his feet, chains hung from the walls, and dusty shelves littered with old books loomed near the steel door, but his eyes went back to the litter of black eyes shining back at him. It had to be some trick, or contacts, no one had eyes like that, nothing human anyways.

"It's not much to look at it, but I was never the one interested in material things, unlike you," the deep commanding voice stated.
Tony turned his head and frowned at the tall blonde perched on a chair, that looked more like a throne. His eyes were a light shade of blue, thin lips, blonde hair, and the skin of his face was marked with bruises and sores. The man looked bored, but his eyes were alight with excitement, and something about the tall stranger reminded him of Loki. He had the same air, same insanity dripping from his smile, and his stomach heaved with adrenaline, but he tried to remain composed, and forced his nonchalant facade over his face.

"I've seen worse," Tony retorted, and tried to move again, "not much worse, but..."
"I'm sure you have, but here in my Hell away from Hell, we don't have much, when it comes to luxuries," the blonde scoffed, and stood up.
"I'm sorry, where?" Tony snorted, knowing for sure now, this was just some ruse. He gritted his teeth and put all his strength into getting up, and failed.
"I'm sorry, where're my manners?" The blonde sighed, and adjusted his faded flannel shirt and dusted off his jeans.
Tony gasped when the stranger snapped his fingers and he was instantly lifted up out his seat and dragged to the front of large throne like chair.
He fought with every bit of strength he had to break free of the invisible hold, but the man just smiled. Up close, Tony could see more stores festering over his neck and arms, but it was the heavy air, and stench of something evil that sent his mind reeling. It was as if he was facing the epitome of chaos, and death, seeing nothing but crazy in the man's eyes and smile.
"I'm Lucifer, and this is my little Hell on earth," the blonde chortled, giving Tony a bright smile.
"And I'm Big Bird, what the hell's going on?" He snarled and lurched forward. He tried to bring up his arm, hoping his suit would come flying, but after a few silent seconds his heart began to beat erratically in his chest, and his body began to shake.
"You humans and your weapons," Lucifer mumbled, and waved a pale hand in Tony's face, "although, your suit's quite interesting, my demons have been having a grand ol time playing with that thing."
"I don't believe in Hell, or the Devil, so how about you just show me the door so I can get the hell outta here," Tony demanded, noticing the unsure tone of his voice.
"Of course you don't believe, most men of science don't, but that doesn't mean we don't believe in you," Lucifer shrugged, and waved his hand.
The breath left Tony's chest as he was flung twenty feet into the far wall, and lifted up. It felt like an invisible hand wrapped around his neck, and held him against the grainy slab of rock.
"So much bravado, covering up all that pain and need to be accepted by everyone," Lucifer scoffed, and shook his blonde head, while he sniffed the air, "there's also...hmmm, awe poor guy, all that love and hope, only to be shot down," he chuckled, as a vile smile spread over his cracked lips, "and you're not going anywhere, not until I have Winchester," Lucifer growled.
Tony's watery eyes went wide and her name gurgled out of his mouth, "(y/n)?"
"That's right!" The stranger bellowed and sashayed down the blood covered steps of his throne, "man, and to think she has no idea who or what she is! You guys did a great job hiding her from me, this is gonna be so much fun! I love ruining people's lives!"
The invisible hand tightened, and then Tony dropped three feet to the ground. His throat was on fire, and his chest hurt, but the innate fear passing through his blood suddenly wasn't for him, but for (y/n). He slowly stumbled to get up, refusing to back down when bright blue eyes flashed in front of him.
"You're insane," Tony rebuked, feeling helpless and alone. He still had half a mind to think he was in some drunken nightmare, but the shadow of wings unfurled in front of him, and a celestial white light blazed around both of them.
"Yah, that's what my brothers and sisters said, but too each their own," the man giggled, while the room shook, and the men and women behind him screamed like animals. His eyes blazed red, and raw heat blew into Tony's face.
"But believe me Mr. Stark, I'll explain everything once we get this party started, and head out," Lucifer paused, as the eyes of the people behind him began to burn, "and this is no nightmare, this is just the beginning."