Chapter 3

So on the bus ride home I really was contemplating whether I should do it or not. This is all because of Dylan. If he didn't talk to me at lunch today or after class I would have gone through with it, but now I honestly think I'm gonna give it couple more days. So when I got home I just laid on my bed just thinking about it somemore. Except my phone buzzed, so that idea went out the door.

'Hey beautiful,' it was a text from Dylan.

'Hey what up handsome?' God this is so weird.

'Nothing much. What are you doing?' Since I wasn't doing anything I looked to the small bookshelf I had in my room and the first book my eyes land on was one of my favorites.

'Reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower.' I texted him.

'Is it a good book?'

'I would say it is pretty good.' I replied

'This may be a really weird question, and I hope its not too straight forward, but I was wondering if you wanted to come to my house. My mom isn't home and I was thinking maybe you could come over and we could chill out,' Well there goes my heart. Okay here's the deal. This honestly is a little too much for me beacause I've only known Dylan from a distance, yes that sound creepy, but I've never had the guts to actually talk to him. But the fact that he wants my company is amazing.

'Let me ask.' i said.

Honestly I'm not going to ask my mom, A, she doesn't give a flying shit about me, B, there's obviously no point because she's probably fucking some forty year old right now, C, I just want to pass time. With out noticing at all, a tear slips from my cheek and onto the phone I'm looking down at because let's face it, knowing that your own mother doesn't give two flying monkey shits about you kind of hurts.

'What'd she say?'

'yes, I'll be over there in about 10 minutes. See you then!'

'Can't wait.'

Those two simple words, can't and wait. The most amazing words right now. I asked Dylan for his address, reason being I've never been to his house and it looked like he wasn't that far actually. So what I did was got up from my bed, went to my bathroom and touched up on my eyes, getting rid of the smudges of mascara that lingered under my eyes from the tears. Once that was finished I grabbed my phone and keys and locked up my house before I headed off to Dylan's house. When I got there, I knocked once, no answer and when I went to go knock again the door swung open. His hair was a little tousled and his shirt was a little wrinkled at the bottom. He had no shoes on, and he was absolutly beautiful. He started waving his hand in front of my face.

"Aren't you going to come in?" He asked with the most welcoming smile, with a slight hint of amusement hidden in the midst of his grin.

"Oh sorry...." I apologized. I guess I spaced out.

"What's wrong? You've been crying," he said with concern as he got a wet paper towel to clean off the dry tears stains on my face.

"Oh nothing... I didn't even notice," I lied. I thought I cleaned them off. Apparently not I guess.

"Yeah right, that's hard to believe. How could you not notice yourself crying?" He asked. I used to like that he can see past my words, but it's these types of moments that I wouldn't want him to have that special power. Don't get me wrong he's an amazing friend, but I really hate not being able to lie.

We walked up into his room and I just lied down on his bed from exhaustion. I know this is totally awkward, like I'm doing these actions as if we were best friends for the longest time, but it just feels right so go with it. He had lied down next to me,"Alright, look, I know we just started talking to each other like some amount of hours ago, but I've noticed that anytime I ask you what's been wrong you avoid it like the plague. I truly just want to know if you're okay and if you need a friend. You know that I have ears and that I'll listen to you whenever you want right? I just want you to know that you have a friend now." I just about melted because his words laced with trust, and that is when I started to cry. Sadness built up in me I was done and tired of keeping my emotions in and I felt I could trust him so that left me with the task of telling him every little detail to the first bully to the day I started cutting to today. I told him why I was depressed and for me to do that may have been the hardest thing not only because I was too busy crying because I've never told anyone these things. Not even Johnny.