Chapter 6

I got home and invited Dylan in. My mom wasn't home of course like always. On our way towards the living room I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. Was Dylan staring at me? I shrugged to the thought. I walked into the kitchen opening the fridge grabbing for some water. I was parched and hadn't had any all day. Dylan followed me and I threw him a water bottle.

The funniest thing happened, he was surprised from the water bottle and flipped out and dropped it. The spaz that he was it made it even more funny. I spat out my water, I dropped to floor throwing my head back, letting out a large cackle escape my mouth.

"That wasn't funny," Dylan protested.

"You have no idea how funny that was," I started laughing again but next thing I knew I was thrown over his shoulder. My laughter was no longer there and now I was hitting his back yelling at him to put me down. The sound of a door opened. Oh no. We were in my back yard... Pool- before I could finish my thought water enveloped my skin. I swam to the surface only to see a very happy Dylan jump next to me into the pool.

"Why don't we get out of here? Dry off? Because you know it's freezing? It's fall!" My teeth started chattering. Every time I get into a pool I'm always the first to have chattering teeth. We both got out and I ran to the towel pantry. I looked for my really old unicorn towel for Dylan just to have a laugh. I also grabbed from the back my tinker bell towel that I had when I was 10. Just felt like being nostalgic today.

"Tink or unicorn?" I asked coming back.

"Definitely the unicorn" he said chuckling. He grabbed the unicorn one and we dried off. My teeth were still chattering and Dylan being nice he brought me into a hug. This hug was different. There wasn't just a spark or a tingle, there was an explosion. I just didn't know if he felt it too.

Once I finally felt my warmth come back to me I released my grip around his torso and went upstairs to my room to change clothes. After I collected the outfit I wanted I went into the hallway closet where my dad's old clothes were and handed Dylan a T-shirt and some shorts. I walked into my room and stripped the cold and sticky clothing off my body very fast slipping on the outfit I had chosen.

I walked to my bathroom knocking on it to see if Dylan was done. He came out and I walked in. Not wanting to mess with my long brown tangled locks I grabbed a pony tail and twisted my hair into a messy bun.

"So what do you want to do little fish?" He asked me.

"Let me think..." I brought my finger up to my chin and started to stroke my non existent beard. "How about a nice Disney movie marathon? I got all the classics, Snow White, beauty and the beast, finding nemo, all the works!" He nodded his head and I grabbed his hand dragging him down stairs to the living room.

"Um correction! Finding Nemo is indeed Pixar!" He said like he was offended but obviously he was joking around.

"I'm so sorry! My mistake!" I said sarcastically.

"Indeed it was," he said to me from the couch as I was putting Sleeping Beauty in. After I put it in I grabbed the needed remotes and jumped onto the couch almost crushing Dylan.

"Watch it miss I need to jump on everything." He said rubbing the side I accidentally jumped on.

"Sorry," I slightly grimaced,"Now shhhh mister I need to whine during the start of a movie." He chuckled and went silent.

____________________

Half way in to Snow White Dylan had his head in my lap and his legs sprawled out on the whole couch with his feet hanging off the edge. I softly played with his hair while watching the movie. Not a minute later and I heard the cooing of a slight snore. I also soon found myself slightly dozing off into a peaceful sleep.

Once I awoke I looked at the clock see that it was 9:30. My mom wasn't home yet and Dylan was still peacefully passed out on my lap. I nudged him slightly to having him roll of the couch falling at my feet. Once again he hadn't failed to make me laugh.

"Wake up Sleeping Beauty! Haha see what I did there?" I laughed at my horrible pun being interrupted by Dylan pushing me slightly as he found his seat again beside me,"Do you want to sleep over? I don't think my mom is coming home anytime soon and I can make us diner."

He nodded his head," lemme ask my mom first." He went off into the office we had pulling out his phone. After a couple minutes Dylan come walking out with a smile,"Sleep over it is! What's for dinner?"

I couldn't really cook but I have never forgotten my dad teaching me his special pasta. It may have been the easiest thing to make but to me it was something special. I smiled at the memory and got up preparing to make dinner.

Bringing out the big pot, the strainer and the ingredients I started on dinner. I heard the tv start and knew Dylan was watching tv just to past time. I loaded a lot of water into the large pot and set the stove on high. I went to go join Dylan as I waited for the water to boil which won't be for a few minutes.

He was watching, Glee? I never knew him to be the one to watch one of my favorite shows. Once he saw me walk in he quickly changed it back to a more manly movie slightly fumbling with the remote. I chuckled watching him do whatever he was doing.

"I swear I wasn't watching Glee." He said because I caught him in the act.

"It's okay! I always knew you were a girl at heart! Turn it back on please?" I actually wanted to watch it. He changed the channel back to Glee. It was the episode where Becky was thinking of going to college and Ms Sylvester didn't want her to because it hurt her to see Becky go.

I started to hear boiling water so quickly got up and went to check on the water. It was in fact boiling so I opened the pasta package, got out the olive oil out and put the pasta in. After that I put a little bit of olive oil in to make the pasta not stick. It's also better for your body to use instead of butter. I got the little spatula thing for pasta and started moving it around.

I moved the heat down to seven and a half so I could watch more glee. But first I made sure that the garlic and Parmesan cheese were out. I jumped over the couch and landed right next to Dylan. He ended up freaking out, again he made me go into hysterics. I got back up shortly after to check on the pasta.

I stirred it a little so it could cook evenly. It looked like it was almost done so I picked one up and tasted it. Just a bit crunchy and it needs to stay in the water a little longer. I stood there for about three minutes stirring it. I picked one up again bit a piece off, just right, and I threw it at a wall seeing if it needed any more olive oil. And it didn't so turned the stove off," dinner is almost ready!" I yelled into the living room. I picked up the strainer placing it into the sink and I poured the pasta into it.

After all the water was was strained out I obviously put the pasta back in the pot and started to work. This may be the most simple pasta there is so pay attention. Haha. I added a little garlic and the needed amount I thought Dylan would want of Parmesan cheese and it's finished. That was when Dylan walked in," Glee finished."

"Just in time because dinner is ready," I said while placing the pasta bowl down," this is my dad's famous pasta that I have always loved. And obviously I can't beat the tastiness his held but I come pretty close." I felt sad because my dad was no longer here. Those were also the day when I didn't have to worry about bullies or sadness at all. My father always made me laugh and smile.

I had two servings and Dylan had three. There was just enough for maybe my mom if she would come home. I packed up pasta and felt really tired," I'm going to bed. You can stay up as long as you want. I don't care where you sleep. Warning we do not have a guest room either." And with that I left him watching tv and went upstairs. I slipped on my pjs and fell right asleep right when my head hit the pillow.