Chapter 23

I woke up to the sound of my annoying alarm that played Paramore. I figured from what happened yesterday I needed a break from school. I think I'll have the day to myself. I will call the school later when I'm less grumpy, but I guess I have to pick up my phone anyway because it's ringing.

"Hello?" I say groggily.

"Hey, I was gonna call last night but with what went one I figured you needed to vent." His magical angel voice filled my ears and put a smile on my face,"I was calling to see if you wanted a ride to school.?"

"Nah. Today I'm not going to school. I need a day off." I told him

"Alright be safe. Love you." He said.

"Love you too. Bye." I said to him and once he said his goodbye we hung up. I set my alarm to eight because that's the time that I think is best to call the school and I need sleep. I jumped onto my bed because the floor wasn't really that comfy. I put my phone on the nightstand next to my bed and went back into my slumber.

I woke up again around 10:00 am and I figured I'd call the school to let them know I'm not ditching even though I basically am. I pick up my phone and look up their number.
Ring....... Ring........ Ring........

"Hello" the office lady said. I could never eme member her name.

"Hi, this is the mother of Scarlett Rivers, she is not going to make it to school today because she is sick with a stomach ache and a migraine." I said in my most motherly voice.

"Alright. We have it in the system, we hope she gets better. Thank you. Goodbye." They said.

"Thank you, goodbye." I said. I hung up the phone and went to make some breakfast.

I'm watching tv now while eating my eggs, bacon, and toast. I am watching an episode of Friends. I'm at the part where Monica has started her cooking job and then it hit me. I need a job. So what I did is I went to my room and picked the most professional thing I have. Which consists of a flannel, light blue skinny jeans, and a black camisole. I realized that I have a lot of flannels, but who doesn't like flannels?

I grab the things I need for my purse and I left with my phone and house keys in my hand. I got out of the house and locked the door. I got in my car and drove to town and when I turned the radio on Story Of My Life came on. I sang along lightly dancing a bit until I got to town. It wasn't that long of a drive.

I got out once I found a parking spot and walked around. I went by many stores seeing if the had a help wanted sign or anything. Bingo! Found one, after an hour maybe. This place sounds pleasant. It's called Kayla's Fantabulous Boutique. I walk in hearing the little bell on the door. There were a few people here, not that busy, probably it's mid day on Wednesday. I go to the front desk seeing a young girl there.

She looked my age, she had blonde hair with hazel green eyes. Her hair was curl naturally and it came just below her shoulders. She smiled to me and asked me what I needed help with.

"Hi. My name is Scarlett and I saw the help wanted sign outside. Is it still available?" I asked politely.

"Yeah! No one has asked yet, we need the extra help on weekends because it gets really busy then. My name is Taryn by the way." She said then she yelled for her mother.

"Hello. I'm Kayla the owner. You're looking for a job?" I nodded,"well have you had a job before?" I shook my head,"well I still need the help. You seem like you're smart so I'm going to hire you. You start work on Friday night. Come after school. Your name is?"

"Scarlett Rivers." I answered.

"Alright Scarlett. Let's see how you do. Can you come in tomorrow after school so Taryn can show you the ropes." I nodded. She went back into her office.

Her name finally clicked,"Are you friends with Katie? I'm in her dance class."

"You know Katie? She's like my best friend." A wide smile popped onto her face.

"Yeah. Since you know her and all and you're her age and stuff why aren't you in school?" I realized what age she was.

"I'm homeschooled. And plus since it's a family business I can work at any age. My mom need to get paper work done so she asked me to help today with customers." I nodded. I looked at my phone to see what time it was 12:23. My stomach then growled. But I just ate.

"Well I'm gonna go and get some food. Want me to bring you something from Espresso?" Espresso was a small local cafe. She nodded and handed me money. I pushed her hand away,"Since you guys just gave me a job without applications it's on me."

"Thanks. I'll just have a vanilla latte and a bagel with cream cheese." She said I nodded and left to go to Espresso. I got what I wanted and what she wanted. I also got a black coffee for her mother. Just because she was doing paper work and I kinda know how that feels.

I walked back into the boutique and handed her stuff. She went to her mothers office and gave her her coffee. She said thank you. I stood there while we talked and when a customer would come I would scoot out of the way so they could pay. Taryn was really nice and she gave me her number before I left to go back to my house. It was 1:16 by the time I left town.

I go home and it was almost time for school to get out so I figured I'd text Dylan.

'Hey babe. How was school?'

'Its okay. Class is almost over, would you like to do homework when I get home? I picked up yours and figured we could study together since finals are coming in like a couple weeks.'

'Sure. I'd love to and it was sweet of you to grab my work.'

'Anything for you. I don't want to bring this up, but I wanted to tell you so you should know. Destinie was really down today.' Good. She deserves it.

'Thats new.'

'I've never seen her like this before. Can you talk to her?'

'Haha funny. Not gonna happen. Sorry.'

'Please? For me?' Ugh I can just imagine his pouty face.

'Fine.'

'Yay. Anywho. How was your day today?'

'It went wonderful. I got a new friend and a new job.'

'That's wonderful! Gotta go, the teacher almost caught me on my phone. Love you. See when I do.'

'Love you too.' I turned on the tv while I waited. After about half an hour there was a knock at the door. Yay Dylan's here! I opened the door and my smile disappeared. I wasn't hoping to talk to her now, I wanted to do it later.

____________________
Thought I'd tell you guys I won't be posting until next weekend because my mother saw my grades. They weren't too great. I'm grounded until I get my grades up and won't be able to have the iPad on week days. I had to rewrite this chapter because wattpad deleted it. Love you guys and a Picture of Taryn is on the side!!!!

-Skyeler