How it Happened

I rushed down the hill slightly wobbling. I swerved quickly to the right, a little too quickly.

The ski turned up a little and I bent my ankle toppling over. I was about to fall off a steep cliff, not too high up but enough to be dangerous. About twenty feet. I braced for the fall but to never came.

Instead, I toppled into a pair of familiar comforting arms.

Looking up I see the golden eyes that saved me time from time. My heart thumped a little fast blood rushed to my face while my chest felt airy and light.

Anyone could ski that I'm falling in love. How'd I even get in this situation, yet again?

Good ol' Flashback~

I stood watching Luca unpack the skis and ski gear he had packed. I wasn't too sure about this. His comforting words had stopped comforting me the moment I saw the ski foot things and the ski stick things.

I never knew how to ski and I wasn't sure if Luca was the pro he implies he is.

"Calm down Sierra I'm here remember? I won't let you fall. I mean, unless your falling in love..." He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

Normally I would say 'oh shut up' or 'never' but this time I didn't. Because I just might be falling in love. He seemed to notice and a small smile formed on his lips. I blushed and turned away.

"W-Whatever! What mountain are we going to go on?" I said secretly hoping for bunny hill. (A/N: the easiest hill of any ski hill. It's the smaller least steep hill out of the ones you could ski on.)

"Well I chose the medium course, it's called Black Diamond."

My eyes widened "YOU IDIOT THAT IS THE HARDEST COURSE. BLACK DIAMOND IS THE HARDEST ONE!"

He chuckled lightly "I know that's why I chose a medium one. Called Snowflake Slide."

Nodding slowly I replied "Ok... But if it's harder we are heading home!"

"Ok." He said confidently.

Luca handed me a ski set and grabbed his own. Closing the trunk and locking the car we headed to the ski mountain. Either a fun place to go or my doom.

________

"Hi." A flirtatious redhead greeted Luca.

I frowned. I have noticed a lot of girls look at Luca but they notice me and walk away. Maybe because they know he's mine, or even better that we look good together and don't want to hurt our relationship.

My heart skipped a beat at the mental word relationship. Admitting that much was somehow affecting my cardiac health.

The redhead twirled her hair on her index finger winking at Luca. Who looked unfazed. So far...

He frowned and the redhead seemed a little shocked. Luca sighed.

"Miss, could I know how what the hours on the medium ski hill? And any fees we need to pay?"

She laughed and in a sickly sweet voice, she said "You know... If you want to go out tonight with me," she gave me a quick glare "you don't have to pay a thing."

He smiled and the redhead brightened. Me? I felt like laying down and just die.

The redhead smiled again smirking victoriously at me. Luca smiled and yanked me closer his arm firmly around my waist.

"Miss, I would just like the information I had asked for. Not an escort."

She looked shocked and blubbered some random sounds. Luca coughed and she straightened fumbling with some paperwork.

"W-Well of your interested in our platinum package you can have access to every ski slope, the free set of ski gear, half-hour lesson, and all our facilities."

Luca nodded "We don't need access to every ski slope but is there one like that but without all access?"

"Yes. But there isn't a free lesson and that'd be our gold package."

"We will have that one. How much per person."

"$250."

"Ok." He passed her his card she swiped it and handed it back.

The redhead then gave him two cards and we headed out, his arm still around my waist. I smiled.

______

After putting on all the ski gear we both walked it off the changing cabin and began the climb up the medium mountain. On a ski lift of course.

I watched the scenery around us. Luca had an arm around my shoulders and smiled at me. I smiled weakly back blushing at his close contact.

We landed at the top safely and we headed to a small clearing where not many people were gathered beginning their decent.

Luca lead me near the edge and held his ski stick things.

"Now remember, leaning down too much will increase speed so be careful. But keep in mind that leaning back is a stupid idea since you could fall..."

Luca continued his descriptive and very handy ski tips. I nodded and watched him carefully describe each instruction. He was right when he said he was an amazing teacher.

He sighed and looked out.

"Ready?"

I shook my head and my eyes widened. "Luca, are you kidding me? I've only been listening to your instructions. I can't just do well because of that..."

"Give it a try."

"F-Fine. If I fall you better catch me."

"I'll always be there to catch you, Sierra. Always remember that."

He smiled so genuinely and warmly it was as if I were on a field of daisies, not the cold mountains.

I nodded and smiled back, trusting him. He slid down first perfectly of course. I scooted a little forward not too much or too little like instructed.

The skis slid carefully down the hill slowly but gained speed getting confident I leaned forward a bit and pushed the skis harder gaining speed.

(A/N: never skied before so I can't describe it very well. Sorry.)

Then it happened...

______

I rushed down the hill slightly wobbling. I swerved quickly to the right, a little too quickly.

The ski turned up a little and I bent my ankle toppling over. I was about to fall off a steep cliff, not too high up but enough to be dangerous. About twenty feet. I braced for the fall but to never came.

Instead, I toppled into a pair of familiar comforting arms.

Looking up I see the golden eyes that saved me time from time. My heart thumped a little fast blood rushed to my face while my chest felt airy and light.

Realizing I was ok by looking me over he smiled.

"Sierra, you ok?"

I laughed lightly "Of course, I have you."

His whole face brightened his golden eyes like gold shining and glimmering in joy.

In the spur of the moment, I pulled his collar close and crashed my lips against his.

Ethan POV

No! NO! She kissed him?! What happened? I could tell she distanced herself because of me but this?

Luca, I won't lose to you! Human or werewolf...

_______________________

Ooooo! Love cliffs. Sorry for any grammar mistakes or bad description of skiing like I said, never skid before so I winged it. I'm glad I updated quicker than usual. Thanks for any votes or views you guys are amazing. Enjoy!
-⚜True Potato⚜