Research

Ethan's POV

Staring at Sierra choose to kiss Luca was too much. True I mostly wanted to try her skills in bed, but that still counts as love. Right?

Anger flared within me. I gripped the tree I was hiding behind so hard I was sure I had dented it. Looking at it I realized I hadn't even made crescent marks from my fingernails. Must be tough wood.

Someone skied past and snapped a branch from the tree clean off. I frowned. I checked the tree looking for a similar sized branch. Finding one I pushed on one side. The beach merely moved a small centimeter. Made that guy was like super buff.

Turning around I see the 'buff' guy. And find it was a tall and twiggy teenage girl...

She probably had momentum.

Huffing I turned back to Sierra and Luca sick that they still are lip locked. Disgusting. They don't have true love! Far from it! My need to do Sierra, well that's the truest of love.

After all, I yearn for her so much there must be a connection. But for now, I could pick up a one nighter. I remember seeing a flirtatious redhead at the greeter's cabin...

______

I zipped up my pants zipper and shrugged on my parka and beanie, leaving the sleeping redhead behind in the hotel room.

I whistled a quiet tune while strolling to my car. I put the keys into the ignition and started up the car. Backing out of the hotels parking lot I headed to the nearby library.

I heard the beep beep of my car being locked up and I pushed open the library doors. It was a modern library. Glass pane windows, iron window linings, and smooth polished wood giving it a modern look.

The shelves were a honey brown color lined to the brim with books. I could tell from just a flame this library was a very good one, not that I really bother with books. Send a nerdy girl a wink and boom, essay finished, easy A+.

The carpets were a light beige and had steel triangular lamps hanging here and there. I continued walking around until I reached a fantasy aisle. I skimmed the book spines until I found a section with Werewolf information.

I snatched all the books and headed to an isolated area. Flipping through them I didn't find much. The basic, werewolf stuff you'd hear. Hate silver, love the moon, howls at the moon. You know.

But then I reached one book that looked older than the bag of bones working at the desk. There was a thin layer of dust so I lifted it and puffed some air a cloud of dust clearing form the cover.

It said; Werewolves By Eckerd Hubert

What an original title...

I flipped it open seeing a paragraph about Eckerd. Looking closer I noticed the old-timey style of writing. Stuff with 'thou, thee, tis' and all that crap. Little more interested I turned the page finding the table of contents.

What is a Werewolf and Origin

The Lifestyle of a Werewolf

Where Werewolves Gather

Rules of the Werewolf Code

Werewolf Packs

How to Tell

Werewolf Mates

Werewolf Pups

Weaknesses

Becoming a Werewolf and How

Hmmm. I should find out if Luca really is a werewolf first. I thumbed through the pages till finding the intended page.

Perfect.

Werewolves are not too hard to find nor to tell whether they are or not. Werewolves have distinct habits and signs. An easy way to figure it out is to see if they had abnormal strength-

Didn't Luca make a dent in the doorway that one time? And when he broke the doorknob...

-although some men have the strength it is possible it is someone with great strength rather than a werewolf. So another handy way is to see their habits. Werewolves are usually strong minded, believe they are right, always ready to fight, and have a leaders personality. That is if they are the Alpha.

I finished the first paragraph which gave me a good idea of how they acted. Luca seems to fit the bill. I remembered to check the section on Mates. Luca seemed very protective of Sierra, maybe this was why.

Mates in a werewolves life is crucial. A werewolf will only have one mate. It's a part of werewolf life to meet their mate, one way or another (A/N: I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha ;) If a werewolf fails to find their mate before the end of their life, their life is half full. They don't have pups because every werewolf has their own mate so mingling with one not meant to be with is a waste. Without their mate, they are alone without a family to raise. They are more at risk of dying and committing crimes. As the stress of finding a mate dearly affects many. Although, if a werewolf manages to find their destined one they form a strong bond by spending time together and familiarizing themselves. Even though their bond is already strong their bond becomes greater and more powerful after mating. They can feel each other's feelings (if they focus on it) they can also smell their scent which is much stronger than any other smell. They can also find each other by the smell and an instinct that a bond builds. There is only one way to break a bond between two mates. And that is killing one mate. There are times when a human and a werewolf happen to be mates and in that case, if the human chooses to love another then it's harder to bond. The bond is permanently broken after the human mates with the one they truly love then the werewolf is left mate less and has the same effects as a mate less werewolf without another werewolf mate.

Hmm. So if Sierra has sex with me Luca will be weaker and bad crap happens to him. Sounds like a win-win to me. This will be perfect! Sierra had returned my feelings so if I get to her it'll work out.

But if she already bonded some with Luca I may have to become a werewolf. It's a bit drastic but I'm sure I can reverse it or force Sierra to become one too. Whatever works.

I headed back to my car after loaning the book and signing up at the library so I could rent it. I drove it to their ski slope finding them skiing still. Better than lip locked.

Sierra had swerved farther from Luca and I pretended to just see her.

I smiled and waved her over she looks suspicious and skis over "Hey Sierra!"

"Um hi, Ethan... What are you doing here? Remember the bargain?"

"Yeah. But I have a cousin ho here I was visiting since he just came out of the hospital from foot surgery. His fire da wanted to take me skiing to make the trip more fun."

She eased up and I was sure she would come with me "I see, I hope he's better."

"He is. So want to leave?" I saw her tense up again.

"Leave?"

"Yeah, away from Luca. He can't hold you here for the weekend without your consent."

She fidgeted and anger fired up inside me "Well I-I kinda want to stay..."

"What?! Why?"

"We have to stay true to the deal."

"Lies! He wasn't supposed to take your for a whole weekend I only got five amazing hours." She blushed at amazing and I felt victorious.

At least I still had some effect on her.

"We didn't say it wasn't allowed either. I have to go, I'll see you in a few days Ethan..."

She turned away and skied further away, leaving me frustrated and shocked.

Looks like I'll have to become half wolf.________________________

Yay! Another chapter! Glad I I didn't wait any longer. Sorry about grammar mistakes recently, I'm just lazy now. If I have time I'll go back and fix it. Thanks for gate and reading! Enjoy!
-⚜True Potato⚜