Chapter 4- Dr Urie

My alarm woke me up at 9am on the dot. I let out a big yawn and hopped out of bed. Today was a new day with new experiences. I skipped over to my calendar to see what the agenda for the day was. '11am. Dentist appointment at Waveroad dental practice.' I had forgotten about it! My palms began to sweat and my knees began to shake. I sat down on my bed and took 10 deep breaths.
'It's okay Lola, you can do this. It will just be a quick and easy visit to the dentist.' I whispered to myself and started to regain a slight dose of confidence.
I stood up from my bed, slipped on some fresh clean clothes and headed down the stairs for the new day to begin. I was too nervous for any breakfast. Even waffles didn't seem appetising for me!
I watched television until it was time for me to walk the 15 minutes I was already regretting. I slid on my black laceless plimsoles and headed out the door. The road was unusually quiet today, it seemed rather ghostly and bizaare.
The 15 minute walk passed quicker than I had hoped and soon enough I was standing at the foot of an electric door that was ready to eat me up. Once again, I took 10 deep breaths and headed inside. It was a very nicely decorated office, with light blue walls and white details all around. There was a very large fish tank that was immaculately clean. Yet, after a few seconds of admiring the decorations, I heard the noise I hated the most. The sound I dreaded the most. The sound of the drill! I felt sick inside and wanted to run away and hide for ever. But before I could do anything a warm smile met my eyes.
"Hello! Can I help you at all?"
It was a man. A very tall man with shining white teeth and perfect skin. He had dark brown hair that was gelled to the side and bright blue eyes like diamonds. He was wearing a doctors coat and a checked shirt. Striped black trousers and white laced shoes.
I stared at him for a while not knowing what to do. I must have looked like a moron! I shook my head and smiled back at him. "Yes, err, my name is Lola and I have an appointment with Dr Urie at 11am today."
"Oh that would be me" he said with a dazzling smile and winky face. "Here, I'll take you through right now, just follow me."
Dr Urie began to walk away, so I quickly followed behind him not wanting to loose sight of the beautiful creature. All my worries had suddenly disappeared and for once I felt content.