Chapter 6- Pain

He'd been checking my teeth over for around 3 minutes now. I felt very brave so far and also felt comfortable with him looking at my teeth. All was going well until...
"Ouch!!!" I exclaimed!
I slammed my mouth shut and jolted my head forwards. Luckily his fingers were not inside my mouth and he managed to remove both tools extremely fast. He quickly pushed the button which returned the chair to it's original form and rolled his stool round so he was sitting beside me once again. He pulled his mask down so it was sitting below his chin and asked me what was wrong.
"I think you poked a tooth and it really hurt!" I told him as a tear trickled down my cheek.
He looked very worried. "Lola, I'm so sorry. I knew there was something up with that tooth but I couldn't tell what. I think I know now though."
I was prepared for the bad news.
"You're going to need a filling."
These words rushed through my head and I began to sob. I said I wouldn't cry but I just couldn't hold it in. Dr Urie pulled off his rubber gloves and threw them away in the bin. He began rubbing my back trying to comfort me.
"We can get this over and done with very quickly Lola, it's okay. I'll do it myself and you can trust me. I'm a professional. Here, I'll book you in for 8am tomorrow morning so it's over and done with fast. Does that seem okay to you?" He smiled at me.
I nodded my head very subtly. He handed me a tissue and I dried my eyes.
Soon enough Dr Urie was seeing me to the front door and I was on my way back home. It wasn't Dr Urie I was afraid of, it was the needle.