Chapter 33- My First Day

I was awoken by Brendon tapping me on the shoulder.
"Morning gorgeous" he whispered, gently kissing my forehead.
"Morning!" I replied, letting off a big yawn.
"Time to get up. It's your first day today, remember."
Ah yes, the day I would scare children, being a dental assistant and all that.
Brendon handed me some turquoise scrubs and insisted I changed into them.
"You've gotta look the part!" he chuckled.
Me and Brendon got ready together and soon enough we were in the car on our way to work.
The car journey didn't last long at all. We entered the building and headed straight to Brendon's dental room. It seemed we were the first ones at work today, except the cleaner.

"Okay Lola, time to teach you the basic ropes. Grab a pair of gloves and try putting them on."
I followed Brendon's orders and pulled out two rubber gloves. I struggled pulling them on and realised why Brendon made such a big fuss when stretching them on. I did the same as him, pulling them down my arm and releasing for them to snap into place. I wiggled my fingers and gave Brendon a thumbs up.
"Good!" He nodded his head and clapped his hands, congratulating me for my efforts. "Now grab a mask. Place it over your nose and mouth. This way you wouldn't be breathing over our patient."
Once again I obeyed, doing exactly what he said. The mask felt strange on my face, I wasn't a big fan.
Then a worry rushed through my head.
Was I becoming a scary dentist?