Chapter 21- The Morning

I awoke in the morning and remembered I was not at home. I scanned the area and noticed Brendon, sleeping on a sofa bed on the floor. He looked so sweet it made me smile. It was a Wednesday and the sky was blue as ever. I didn't want to wake Brendon so I laid in bed waiting for the beautiful beast to awake.
I waited about 20 minutes until I noticed the bright blue eyes of the beast open.
He immediately sat up and looked in my direction. Our eyes met and he smiled at me.
"Morning beautiful" he whispered rubbing my forehead.
"I have work at 1pm today so we can hang out for the morning if you'd like?"
"I'd love that Brendon!" I smiled. "There's something I want to ask you though."
Brendon looked concerned. "What is it Lola?"
"So... Are..." I found it hard to release my words. "Are we kinda, y'know, a couple now?" I was embarrassed at my question and I felt my face turn bright red.
He chuckled. "Would you like to be?" He asked.
I obviously replied with "yes."
"I guess it's official then. You're now my girlfriend." Brendon hugged me tight and wouldn't let go. I loved it.
Brendon helped me get changed and wash my face. Again, he helped me brush my teeth which I kind of enjoyed. Until he asked me a question.
"Lola? When was the last time you flossed?"
This question embarrassed me. "I've never flossed" I replied, my head facing the floor.
"Well, it's never too late to start!" He smiled in a comforting tone and gestured for me to follow.
He brought with him a pair of rubber gloves and a small box of floss.
Brendon sat crossed legged on his bed.
"Place your head in my lap and I'll help you floss" he said in a warm tone.
I obliged and did as he said. His head was above mine and I felt secure and safe. I watched him snap on the rubber gloves, stretching them as far as possible. This made me cringe so bad, I hated it. He was about to snap on the second glove when I interrupted him.
"Brendon..." I said.
He looked at me worried, as if he'd done something wrong.
"I hate the sound the gloves make. Is there any way you can put them on without making a huge fuss?" I said in a questioning tone, not wanting to come across as rude.
Brendon giggled. "I'll try my best Lola but they're not easy to put on!"
I nodded my head and let him continue.
"Okay patient, I'm prepared to floss your teeth."