Chapter 23- Dreadful News

A few hours had passed and it was time for us to head to the dental office. We were about to head out the door when my phone started vibrating in my back pocket. I took it out and noticed it was a call.
Incoming call from David Peters...
It was my next door neighbour. What could he want? I answered the phone whilst Brendon watched. The call lasted a measly 20 seconds. The call ended and I dropped my phone to the floor.
Brendon rushed over to me. "Lola, what is it?" He exclaimed in a concerned voice.
"Brendon, I need to be drove home fast please."
Before I could say anymore Brendon already had a clench to my hand and was leading me into the car. He had no idea what the problem was but I knew he wanted to help.
We reached my road. I caught site of the catastrophe and immediately burst into tears, planting my face into Brendon's newly polished dashboard.
There were firefighters putting out the remaining flames of the ghastly fire. My house was gone.
"Brendon, what do I do. I don't even want to look at it. All my belongings, ruined. Where am I suppose to stay?" I sobbed into my hands now, but felt Brendon lightly rub my back.
"You can live with me" he stated in a gentle, warming voice. "We'll buy you new clothes, belongings and more. Don't worry Lola, you'll be safe with me."
And with that we drove away...