Chapter 9- The Issue

Dr Urie laid me into the dental chair and immediately began placing on the gloves and mask, as well as the other two dentists. The chair laid back into the same 180 degree angle. His stool rushed round to my head.
"Lola, you're not alone okay. I'm here for you. Anything I can do to help I will, promise. It seems as if something bad has taken place. Would you mind removing your hands from your face so I can take a look please?" His tone of voice was so gentle and polite that I felt content, yet my mouth hurt so bad the tears wouldn't stop. I removed my hands from my face and did nothing else. I felt the gloved hands of Dr Urie help me open my mouth. He took a look and immediately stood back up. I had my eyes closed, probably for the best. I felt a bib placed on my chest and I knew it wouldn't be good.
I felt the chair raise up slightly and opened my eyes to see Dr Urie sitting on his stool in front of me. His mask was gone and he was smiling slightly with a comforting expression.
"Okay Lola, I understand you're in a lot of pain right now but it's nothing too serious and can be fixed very easily."
I whimpered and he gave me a quick hug. It was warm and his scent rushed up my nose causing a smile to appear on my face.
He giggled very lightly. "Okay so somehow you've managed to chip one of your teeth. It doesn't need fixing right now, but it might do in the future. You must have extremely sensitive teeth for this to hurt you that bad. Or maybe there's another reason you're in pain. We'll talk about that later though. Let me just take another look at your teeth." He smiled at me and placed his mask back over his face.