Girl Meets Hunter, Cori Hunter

Song of Chapter: Take on the World \\

Rowan Blanchard · Sabrina Carpenter

Cori's P.O.V.

"Coco," my mom Jeanine said, shaking me, "wake up, it's time for school baby girl."

I groaned, not entirely ready for the day ahead, "no, not today, tomorrow." I said rolling over in the bed with my eyes closed, "Shh." I mumbled motioning for her to be quiet with my finger.

"Nope!" She said excitedly while pulling the covers off of me. "Wake up! It's your first day of school as an 8th grader and you know what that means, one step closer to high school!"

"Don't sound so excited, you know how dumb I feel, considering I'm supposed to be in the 9th grade already," I told her finally sitting up and rubbing my tired eyes.

"You know you can't blame yourself like that, the system isn't always right." She said referring to the foster care system and patting my head, "now get up beautiful, and go take a shower, you're taking on the world today baby!"

_

"Chick," I heard an overly excited girl exclaim in the subway, I knew who it immediately because only one person has a voice like that. "Down here I'm a chick!" I looked around the platform to find the person that voice belonged to, Riley Matthews. I've shared multiple classes with her and her best friend, Maya and one thing I can say about them is that they are too much. While they were playing around, I was waiting and listening to music before the train had come to a stop in front of us. I was in front of most of the people and had the opportunity to get on before anyone.

"You're slouching Maya," a woman said as she was walking by Riley and Maya when they were stepping on the train.

"Thanks, Gretchen," Maya said to the woman before strutting on the subway like it was a catwalk, Riley following her lead like a good puppy as the woman just rolled her eyes and continued on, but after the girl just grabbed on to a pole before sitting down.

As the last of the people got on the train, a fairly attractive guy I'd never seen before got on the train took the empty seat that was beside me. He looked at me with a smile, then his mouth started moving and stuck out his hand for me to shake. I motioned towards me ears to show him that I wasn't listening, so he took it upon himself to take my earphones out. "I said' hey, I'm Lucas Friar'," he told me again, his hand was still sticking out.

"Did you just take my earphone out?" I asked him with a slight smile but at the same time astounded by his boldness.

"Yeah, I was talking, and you couldn't hear me but now you can," He told me happily before his eyes widened a bit, "was that rude? Things are totally different here."

"It's totally fine," I told him, I could tell that he was a little worried.

"Okay, good." He said finally putting his hand down, but another smile adorned his face, but this one was bigger. "Nice accent by the way," he said referring my New York accent

"Nice face," I said back before looking at his admirers, "Looks like you got a fan club, Lucas Friar."

"Huh?" He asked confused as looked at where I was looking and saw Maya pointing at him and Riley smiling.

"Hi, I'm Maya." She said coming over to him, "You're really cute. You make me happy. You don't pay enough attention to me. It's not you, It's me. We can still be friends. Not really." Once she was finished she walked away, not letting Lucas get a word in edgewise.

He looked at me confused, "what just happened?"

"New York just happened dude," I told him shrugging and reaching for my earbud, "get used to Lucas Friar."