Girl Meets a Friend

Song of Chapter: Stressed Out\\Twenty Øne PilØts

Chapter 2: Girl Meets a Friend

"Watch were you're going," I guy said as I walked past him into the subway. I just rolled my eyes, ignoring the normal occurrence. I told my mom that I would go straight to school today and I meant it.

"Snuggle Puffs!" A voice that I'd come to recognized, said from the crowd.

"Darling," I said seeing Lucas, "is this gonna be an everyday thing now?" I asked, stopping in front of him, tired and rubbing my eyes.

"Only if you want it to be, sweet pea." He told me, pinching my cheeks and smiling that bright smile."

"Stop, what are you doing?" I asked swatting his hands away from my face, no one has ever done that before and I don't think I enjoyed it much.

"Oh, nothing," he said nonchalantly, standing with me and waiting for the train to fully stop. "We'd better get going." He told me, grabbing my small hand and pulling me on to the train with him. "Oh, and I like your hair."

_

"Aww, look at him looking for a place to fit in." I heard Maya Hart say from the table behind me, I had a feeling she was talking about Lucas. She and Riley were obsessed with him like a child and a new toy. It was too early for class to start so we were eating breakfast.

"You think he'll sit with us?" Riley replied with an overly excited voice. Annoyed with were their conversation was going I decided to look over my homework assignment that Mr. Matthews assigned last night. I had already finished it, but I wanted to put the finishing touches. I wrote about something that I believed in strongly, and the only thing I believed in: The Power of Love. I was distracted by the paper and didn't even realize that I had company 'til Lucas started talking.

"Hey, Snuggle Puffs," Lucas said nudging my shoulder a little, actually poking me out of my trance, "come and sit with us." He pointed to the table behind me, the one where Maya and Riley were sitting.

"No, I'm good," I told him shaking my head, but I did myself a favor because from the look of their faces I don't think it was a table decision.

"Are you sure?" He asked, clearly not feeling the tension, "I'll sit here if you want me too."

"No, it's fine. Go have fun kid." I said nodding my head behind me, then looking back at my paper.

"Okay, if you say so."

"Hey, how do you know here?" I heard a light male voice say from the table, I turned slightly and say it was Frankle.

"Cori?" Lucas replied, "I meet her on the train yesterday, she was the first friend I made here." He told them, making me smile a little.

"Friend? Her?" Maya said sarcastically.

"She doesn't have friends," Riley said lowering her voice a little, but not low enough where I couldn't hear her, "she doesn't really talk to us lower classmen, she is supposed to be in the 9th grade. It's like she avoids being with people under 13 or any people for that matter. Heck, she doesn't do friends, she always says that whenever anyone tries talking to her, she blows them off, what makes you so special?"

"Yeah!" Frankle said agreeing with his friends.

"You, uh, guys should know that I have ears." I said turning around and facing them, "maybe you guys should, you know, think before you speak, especially if the person that you are speaking about is right in front of you and learn how to whisper. Has the thought ever occurred to you guys that, maybe I just don't wanna be friends with Y'all?" I asked them before grabbing my bookbag and leaving the café.