Girl Meets Nobody

Cori

Chapter 11: Girl Meets Nobody ||

Song of Chapter: Fingertips by OneRepublic

I had been at school for approximately 30 minutes before someone noticed that I was there. "Cori, wait up!" Farkle yelled from behind me when I was walking to my locker. When I turned towards him, I saw that he had his hands full with a speaker.

"What's up?" I asked him as confusion and ideas for what the speaker is for fueled my mind. "Are you okay?"

"I need you to do something for me." He said taking a few deep breaths, nervousness and anxiety was radiating off of him.

"And, what would that be?" I asked shoving stuff in my locker, before asking my second question again, "are you okay?"

"I need you to put this on my desk in class." He said handing me the speaker without answering my question again, dodging the question again is more like it.

"Uh, okay, why?" I asked looking down at the object, then looking back at him. I noticed that he was twitching, "are you okay?"

"Oh, yeah." He said, looking around like he was looking for someone else.

"Do I need to punch someone in the face?" I asked worried for my friend, the only other person that seems to know that I exist.

"No, just please put them on my desk for me." He then turned around and ran down the hallway, away from me and everyone else that could hurt him in some way.

" He then turned around and ran down the hallway, away from me and everyone else that could hurt him in some way

"Okay," I said unsure, closing my locker and looking at the speaker in my hands. What is the point of this? As I made my way to class, I thought of all the possible reasons why Farkle would need this speaker and if he was truly okay. Once I got to class, bad thoughts in tow, I put the speaker on Farkle's desk and sat behind it. Lucas, Maya, and Riley were all sitting together talking, I was wondering where Farkle was, but then Mr. Matthews started to talk.

"Graduation and awards night is coming up and I am very proud of this class." He said smiling as his eyes scanned the crowd, "several of you will be recognized for your achievements throughout the year." He said at the front of the class causing Maya to stand up.

"Awards are a scam! A girl like me never had a chance, Matthews. Never had a chance." She dramatically looking at Riley, this was always the routine. The world is out to get her, of course.

"All right, I'll do it, but it's ridiculous," Riley told her friend, before following suit. "It's a scam, Matthews! She never had a chance!"

"Maya will be receiving the Griff Hawkins Totally Cool Award." He said to shut them up, she sat down satisfied while the class clapped for her.

"Maya, you just found out you won the Totally Cool Award, yet you just sit there?" Riley asked dumbfounded. "Oh, you're being cool. Why won't you rub off on me?"