Girl Meets Shawn

Cori

"Cori," my mom said from behind me, she was trying to pull me away from him

"Cori," my mom said from behind me, she was trying to pull me away from him. I yanked myself from her arms.

"No," I told her shaking my head, "I wanna know," I said, my eyes still on Shawn, his mouth was opening and closing, what to tell me. "Shawn Hunter are you, my father," I asked him again, but my question went unanswered, but he didn't have to say anything, his expression was more than enough for an answer.

"Cori," he said walking toward me, his arm out to reach me. Almost immediately, I started to cry. "I'm sorry, I was so young." He said bending down to reach me.

"Why didn't you want me?" I asked him, trying to stop myself from crying even harder, "I just want to know." I said backing up until my back hit my mom.

My mom wrapped her arms around my shoulder, "sweetie, calm down." She whispered into my ear, "it's okay, just calm down, please."

"I want to go," I said turning to my mom, "I want to go home, now," I told her.

"Okay, sweetie," Jill said before taking my hand, "let's go."

_

3rd

Jeanine told her girlfriend to go ahead of her with her daughter because she wanted to talk to Shawn, she looked at the crowd of people behind her who all looked shocked with the reveal before they were escorted back to their tables by the Elder M...

Jeanine told her girlfriend to go ahead of her with her daughter because she wanted to talk to Shawn, she looked at the crowd of people behind her who all looked shocked with the reveal before they were escorted back to their tables by the Elder Matthews family. Shawn was still on his knees, crying, she walked over to him.

"Come on stand up," Jeanine said in a low voice, grabbing Shawn's arms gently, "stand up." She said again, as he stood tall enough to face her. "Calm down, okay, just breathe."

"I'm s-sorry," he stuttered, his voice cracking. "I don't know h-how she knew; I swear I didn't mean to tell her."

Jeanine smiled at him sadly, her daughter definitely got her emotions from him, "she's a smart girl Shawn, she would've figured it out sooner or later. So, don't beat yourself up over it, okay?" She said before digging a piece of paper out of her purse, "you have a second chance, Shawn, don't ruin it."