Girl Meets Maybe

3rd P.O.V.

Chapter 14: Girl Meets Maybe ||

Song of Chapter: Fire on Fire by Sam Smith

Jeanine had received the phone call about an hour ago at her office job and she had been uneasy ever since, her daughters teacher had called her and said that he wanted to talk to her about Cori, it was a pretty routine call except for the part about his wife wanting to join in on the conversation. She heard many great things about the couple from other parents but never meet the two, unless you count the usual one-on-one parent-teacher conferences every year. Jeanine has arrived almost 20 minutes early at the small diner as she waited from the couple, she looked over the menu for what seemed like hundreds of times, knowing she wouldn't be able to eat with her stomach filled with butterflies.

"Jeanine?" A soft voice said from in front of the menu, once she moved it, she noticed the woman that she had assumed was Topanga and her husband, Cori, "it's so nice to meet you."

"You as well," Jeanine said standing up awkwardly, and greeting Topanga and Cory with a hug before sitting down, "you said that you wanted to talk about Cori?"

The young couple looked at each other before turning back to Jeanine as Topanga talked, "well, not necessarily about Cori, more so, her parents," Topanga said making Jeanine's heart accelerate, "her birth parents."

_

"Wha-what do you mean?" Jeanine asked, wiping her face with another tissue as Topanga rubbed her hand, "you think her father is your best friend?"

Cory nodded his head before speaking, "I know this may seem weird, but we have proof." He told Jeanine before his wife continued his sentence, she was the best in these kinds of situations.

"I have a picture," Topanga said pulling her hand away and reaching into her pocket, "Angela sent it to me when Cori was about 6 months old, around the time that she was given up for adoption. I think that if you looked at the photo, you would know that we are telling the truth," she said as handed Jeanine the photo.

As she looked at it, it was like her heart shattered before being put together again, "that's my baby."

Cori

Cori

"Take me to your best friend's house, I loved you then and I loved you now!" I screeched along with Grouplove as Farkle and I jumped around my house. It's was the last day of the weekend, the only few days that I didn't have to be around Riley and co. I loved it! "This is such a bop!" I yelled out into the world.

"What's a bop?" Farkle asked once the song was over, "like, I've heard the term before but only on Disney Channel, I think."

I shrugged, not really knowing the answer before changing the subject, "wanna watch Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets? My mom should be home from work soon."

"Sure," he said as he sat beside me after I found the movie, "I never asked before, but what is your moms' job anyway?"

"She works at Cisco tech. just an office job, been working there for years," I told him as I pressed play on the movie, "but she's hoping for a promotion."

"That's cool," he said to me before we sat quietly as one of my favorite movies started, "I love this part!" Farkle said as Ron, George, and Fred were rescuing Harry from the Dursley's.

"Me too," I told him as Uncle Vernon appeared on the screen trying his best to stop Harry, "can I ask you something?"

"Sure," Farkle said, giving me all of his attention, "what's up?"

"Why do you let Riley and Maya treat you like they do?" I asked curiously, thinking of all the times that they made fun of him, or forgot him for some reason or another.

His face crinkled with confusion, "what do you mean?"

"They don't treat you like a friend should be treated Farkle, they don't treat you like they treat each other, does that make sense?"

"I don't know," he said looking down at his hand, making me feel guilty for bringing the subject up, "I've never really noticed anything wrong with our friendship."

"I-I'm sorry for bringing it up," I told him, rubbing his back, "sometimes we let people treat us how we think we need to be treated not how we deserved to be treated."

"Can I ask you a question now?" He asked I nodded my head, 'yes' as he continued. "What happened with Lucas, you guys seemed like really good friends."

"We were, I think." I told him honestly, "but, he wouldn't really talk me to around you guys like I was some big secret."

"Or maybe, he wanted to keep you to himself," Farkle said to me thoughtfully, "maybe he didn't want you to be contaminated by everything bad in the world, he wanted to keep you safe from harm, so he kept you to himself because that's what he thought was right."

"Maybe," I said before turning my attention to the tv again, Farkle's 'maybes' replaying in my mind.

_

By the time that my mom had come home Farkle had let, I had been by myself for a while as I continued to watch Harry Potter movies, my mind reeling.

"Are you okay, honey?" My mom has asked, sitting down beside me, "how was hanging out with Farkle?"

I shrugged, "it was fine, we watched a few movies but that's about it. How was work?"

"It was okay," she told me, but I could tell she was holding something back, but I didn't want to ask.

I stood up from my seat and stretched, "I think I'm gonna go to bed, the school's in the morning," I told her, she nodded be for getting up to hug me, a long and loving hug. "I love you, mommy."

"I love you too, baby," she said before kissing my hair and letting me go, "good night."

_

A new chapter to ring in the new the new year guys! This is a completely new chapter that I have just done, I hope you guys like it. Also, please check out my one tree hill fan-fiction

VOTE

FOLLOW

COMMENT