Boy Meets World

Lucas Friar's P.O.V.

Chapter 4: Boy Meets World || Song Of Chapter: The Girl is Mine by Michael Jackson & Paul McCartney

"Lucas," my momma said shaking me awake in bed, "wake up, it's your first day of 8th grade." She sounded tired, probably from dealing with my baby sister all night, the girl's only 2 years old and doesn't know what to do with herself just yet.

"Momma," I groaned, I was a little annoyed about being woken up, "stop saying that like it's a good thing," I told her, she knew how I felt about the grade I'm in

"Momma," I groaned, I was a little annoyed about being woken up, "stop saying that like it's a good thing," I told her, she knew how I felt about the grade I'm in. "I'm 14, I should be in the 9th but instead, I'm in a grade below my age, it's embarrassing," I said getting up out of my bed and rubbing my face.

"Well, sweetie you can only blame yourself for that," she said talking about what happened in Texas. "I'm sorry to say it like that, but it's the truth, honey."

"I know momma, I know," I told her, sitting up as she walked out of my room.

_

"Oh, crap!" I muttered to myself as I ran to the subway station, hoping I didn't miss the subway on my first day of school in the big apple! I could feel in my bones that I missed the train but thankfully, when I got down the stairs, I noticed people who mostly looked close to my age, waiting. "Yes!"

"Chick!" A nasally voice said excitedly, "down here, I'm a chick!" I ignored the voice and looked at all the people, they looked like busy ants. I don't remember seeing much of this in Texas, but then again, I never payed attention to my surroundings, or who I was with. I guess that how I got here.

As I was looking around, I noticed a girl, she stood out from the rest though. She didn't have a phone out like everyone else, she wasn't smiling, or talking to anyone, she was just there, earphones in ear. You could tell just by looking at her that, that was enough. She had her head down, but her hair was super curly, like in an afro, and like caramel skin, I don't know how to explain it, honestly. It was euphoric.

The scratching of the train cut me out of my trance

The scratching of the train cut me out of my trance. Once it stopped everyone started piling on to it. I never took my eyes off of her, heck I couldn't. I stepped into the train, and there was an empty seat beside her, and I basically ran to it. She had her head down again, but I craved for her attention. So, I did the only thing I could think of, stare and she definitely noticed.

I smiled at her and stuck my hand out for her to shake. "Hey, I'm Lucas Friar," I said my accent coming out thick. The Texan in me beaming with pride.

She stared at me with a blank face, which slowly morphed into a smile. "Hey, I don't care." She said putting her head back down, but my smile never left my face cause her eyes managed to put me in a trance, they were a dark brown, dark and lovely. Chocolate.

I reached toward her ear to reove in earphone, bold I know. "Nice accent," I said to her, it was kind of adorable. Sassy, I guess? It's not what I thought her voice would be. But boy it was refreshing.

"Nice face," She said even bolder than me, looking straight ahead at something, looking accomplished, because I was lost for words. "Looks like you've got a fan club." She pointed out.

"Huh?" I mumbled looking were she's looking, there was a blond girl pointing at me, so I waved at them. She was with the nasally sounding girl and she stared hard as a blond girl was coming my way.

"Hi, I'm Maya. You're really cute. You make me happy. You don't pay enough attention to me. It's not you, It's me. We can still be friends. Not really." She said right out the gate, and then walked away. Leaving me dumbfounded. I looked at my new friend from beside me, she just shrugged her shoulders.

"This is New York, get used to Lucas Friar." She said smiling widely before putting her head back down.

"I don't think it's fair if you know my name and I don't know yours." I said with a smirk, smooth.

"Haven't you ever heard of the saying 'Life's not fair', Darling?" She said mirroring me. Darling? "Plus, I didn't ask for you name."

"Now were on pet names, Snuggle Puffs?" I mocked, ignoring her latest sentence because it didn't really matter. "Wow were moving fast!" I mumbled.

"Ow!" I mumbled when the girl fell on me, not my girl—Snuggle Puffs, but the nasally one with Maya.

"Hi, your cute." She said looking up at me with a dazed smile.

"No, I'm Lucas," I said smiling, pushing her off a bit

"No, I'm Lucas," I said smiling, pushing her off a bit. I think she got the idea because she got up and walked away from me.

"Wow, you work fast, Lucas Friar." Cori said once the girl was gone, with a beautiful smile, like her.

"Well, this is New York, get used to Snuggle Puffs." I said laughing slightly, using her words against her as the train came to a screeching halt.

"Well, this is my stop." She said standing up and pulling her really nice leather jacket closer to her body.

"Mine too," I said following her off of the train, once we stepped off, I noticed that she went one way and I went the other. "Hey," I yelled after her as I stood in the middle of the station waiting for her to turn around, "Can I get your name?" I asked when she finally turned for me.

"Hunters, Cori Hunters!" She yelled back, kind of like James Bond but cooler.

"Well, we'll meet again, Hunter, Cori Hunters." I yelled back before we both left the station.

"Not if I have anything to do with it." I heard her say from the distance, which made me laugh, because she's mine now.

_

A new, lovely edited chapter! What do you think, sisters!?

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW