Chapter 24

After crying for a while in the forest, Shio finally returned to the academy at night. She walked towards the headmaster's office and knocked on the door.

"Come in." The headmaster said with a cheerful voice from the inside.

Shio opened the door and walked towards the couch to sit down, but as she was approaching the headmaster noticed her.

"Ah! Shio-chan? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in class right now?" He said with wide eyes.

"I'm skipping because of personal and emotional problems..." Shio replied keeping her head down while her voice was a bit high.

The headmaster open his eyes a bit wide and walked to make some tea for them.

"Have you been cryiing?" He asked handing her some freshly made chrysanthemum tea.

"You noticed?" She said looking at him with red puffy eyes.

He smiled and nodded, "Yes, I noticed. He did tell me some of your habits..." He ended with a chuckle.

Shio opened her eyes and looked at the headmaster with anticipation. She smiled brightly with her eyes closed at the headmaster.

"So, is he coming here soon?" Shio asked suddenly.

The headmaster smiled and replied with slight chuckle, "Soon."

Shio clenched her fist and bend down. She was smiling so wide with happiness.

"Yay!" She shouted with happiness while the tea on the table was cooling off.

Shio and the Headmaster chatted for a while until there was a smell of blood on the campus ground in the air.

'This smell...This presence...Yuuki and Zero!' Shio thought as she rushed towards the window and opened it to jump down towards the smell without saying bye to the Headmaster.

~~At fountain~~

Zero and Yuuki were drenched from being in the fountin and they were sitting there with Yuuki's neck dripping with blood and Zero's mouth had a trace of blood. Shio heard a gunshot from afar and as she reached the scene she sensed the familiar presence of a person.

"Master Yagari!" Shio shouted as she ran towards the fountain with an injured Zero and Yuuki. She smiled and ran towards him hugging him tight with her small, thin arms.

"Hello, Shio. No time for greetings though, because there is a loose Level E vampire here." He said looking at Zero.

"Yep, but he has his limits when he gets the right blood." Shio said as she looked at Zero with her eyes glowing to restraining him.

"Of course there are other ways to stop rather than injuring him." Shio ended with a smile with her eyes returning to normal.

She walked towards the fountain to help Yuuki and Zero get out of fountain. Shio stepped inside the fountain ans water separates from where her feet touched so she won't get wet. Zero was surprised by this and looked at her with the moonlight shining on her golden hair.

"Yuuki, you're too careless. getting attack like this...Think about how Kaname would feel if he saw you." Shio said as she helped Yuuki up and setting her on the dry ground gently. 

She went to Zero and Held out her right hand. Zero looked at her and just stood up ignoring her hand. Kaname has appeared and took care of Yuuki sensing her blood. Shio stood there silently as the two men was at Yuuki's side; suddenly fire was set aflame creating a ring with her in the center. She looked emotionless as she draws her hand back to her side and Yagari fired his gun upwards.

"Shio, stop!" He shouted after the bang of the gun.

Shio turns to look at him and he saw that her eyes were red and blue, her hair had white at the tips, and her nails grew longer.

"M-Master Yagari...He's coming for me...I can feel it...I need to hide...Once again..." Shio said as she fainted only to be caught by the unexpected appearance of Aki and Sora who was surrounded by the dying fire. 

"You careless idiot. Making us worried like this unexpectedly, are you trying to drain our lives?" Aki said to her as he held onto her.

"At least she's safe." Sora said putting his hand on her forehead and drying off Aki with his powers.