Part 1

*****A/N This is the SECOND BOOK of a series, if you haven't read The Beta yet it would probably be a good idea, but I mean, I can't govern your life for you, you wanna skip books you're the one that's gonna be missing chunks of the story. *****

*River's PoV*

"He's my mate." I whispered softly, and as soon as the words left my mouth my knees completely gave out and I dropped to the ground taking Jamie with me.

"Jinx?" He asked softly sounding just as shocked as I felt, and all I could do was nod.

How is this even possible? We're both doms. I had always pictured my mate as someone more like Jamie. But here I was, outside the packhouse, with my mate just inside, and just as dom as I am. We're both alpha's for fucks sake. I heard the door open again and seconds later Austin was kneeling next to us.

"What's going on?" He asked but I couldn't tell if it was directed at me or Jamie, and honestly in that moment I didn't care.

I looked over at him and before I even knew what I was saying the words were flying out of my mouth. "Can I stay with you for a few days?"

I know it seemed sort of crazy, but it was the only thing that made sense right then. I needed to get as far away from this situation as I could, I needed time to myself, I needed time to think this out. If I stayed here I'd need to face the reality of the situation, and the situation seemed all but impossible.

He looked confused but nodded. "Of course. But why?"

"He found his mate." Jamie said slowly. Austin just looked more confused, which made sense, who the fuck runs from their mate? Me apparently. "It's Jinx."

The back door once again flew open, and I watched as Jinx walked out and it only made me shake more. Which of course only angered me, causing the shaking to once again increase. Why was I acting like this? I was stronger than this. I was in line to be alpha. I was supposed to be able to handle anything.

"Uh," He started as if he didn't know what to say. "can we talk?"

Jamie looked at me as if he didn't wanna move without my permission. I wasn't even sure how to respond though. I didn't know if I wanted to talk to him. I mean he's my mate, so obviously I do. But this whole situation has me so freaked out I didn't think I knew how.

"I don't think that's a good idea right now." Jamie said standing up and turning towards him. Jinx took a step forward but Jamie shook his head. "Trust me, all I want is to see my cousin happy, and if you talk to him right now, he's gonna say shit he'll regret for the rest of his life and he'll never be happy."

Jinx glanced down towards me as Austin stood up and wrapped and arm around Jamie in a cross between a protective and comforting manner. Jinx stood there for a moment unsure of what to do as he stared at the scene in front of him. "He doesn't have to say anything, just please, I wanna talk to him."

"Baby." Austin started before Jamie could say anything. "I know you mean well, but if this was me, I'd wanna talk to you."

Jamie turned his head and glared at Austin hard enough for Austin to actually take a step back. "It's not you and me though." He snapped in a voice that almost made me jump back. I had never heard Jamie sound like that before, he seemed so furious. Jamie, the sub with anxiety issues, had the balls to be standing up to not only his mate, but an alpha as well. And here I was breaking down, unsure if I was even breathing.

"Fine." Austin mumbled with a head shake. "Are you gonna be okay alone if I take River home?"

Jamie instantly paled as he looked between me and Austin, then Jinx. He nodded softly. "I'll just hang out with Corey all night." He leaned in and kissed Austin quickly. "Take good care of him please."