Part 23

"Do you wanna go for a swim?" We had been laying there in the grass for at least half an hour, and I still wasn't sure I was gonna be able to move, but I knew I needed to get cleaned up, and a swim sounded so nice. Even with my doubts I found it in me to smile and nod.

I watched as he stood from his spot next to me and then offered me his hand. I reached up and took it and he quickly pulled me to my feet. It defiantly felt weird to be standing again, but it was tolerable. I almost thought he was gonna pick me up but instead, he just lead me to the river making sure I stayed steady. The water felt cool against my hot skin.

The river current didn't feel as harsh as I had thought, and we didn't really swim around much, we more or less just sat there and enjoyed the water moving around us, washing us clean. Our breathing was in sync, and all I could think about was how much I loved him.

"You look so beautiful right now." I glanced over at him smiling. Hearing those words leaving his lips was the most beautiful sound ever.

I chuckled softly before leaning over and kissing him on the lips. "I couldn't look half as beautiful as you do right now." He smiled but didn't respond. We stayed silent for a good ten minutes just enjoying each other's company and the world around us.

Eventually though we decided we should head back. I didn't think I would ever get used to the weird empty feeling every time I stood up. We shifted back at the same time, and once again he lead the way home. That had such a nice ring to it. Home. Every time I had thought of home, I thought of where I grew up, but now, all I could think of was River's arms.

"Do you wanna lay down?" River asked as we entered his room. "Because I would kind of like a little more rest before the meeting."

I knew he would say something like that, he seemed to really enjoy sleep. I couldn't help the smile that came to my lips as I nodded and laid back on the bed throwing my arms out in an inviting way. He crossed the room and flung himself into my arms and I pulled the blanket up around us. Before I even managed to get us properly covered he was already asleep.

I stared down at him for a moment, and just thought about the past few days, they had been perfect, he's perfect, and he's mine. I kissed his forehead softly before whispering a quick goodnight and let myself drift off.

*River's PoV*

"Alpha!" Jamie's voice boomed.

I felt a small smile forming as I opened my eyes to see him standing in the doorway. "Beta!" I yelled back and he started giggling as he stepped further into my room. I felt Jinx shift beside me as he groaned a little. Next thing I knew my cousin was bolting towards me and before I had time to move he was straddling me with my hands over my head.

"Congratulations, Alpha." He said with a bright smile throwing a lot of emphasis on the last word. I felt my smile grow as I nodded loving the sound of it. "Roll over, I wanna see your back." He demanded as Austin came rushing in looking rather worried.

"Jamie!" He yelled out and I felt Jinx flinch, Jamie didn't seem to notice his reaction though as he dropped my hands and sat back to look at his mate. "You can't just run off like that, do you have any idea," he stopped mid sentence and just stood there for a second smelling the air before his face reddened and he took a step back as his hand shot up to rub the back of his neck. "Sorry I didn't realize," He started before stepping in again and heading towards the bed, "come on Jamie, let's go."

Jamie started pouting as he got up and stepped towards his mate only to turn back towards me. "I wanna see your back." he whined. Jinx shifted around a bit before sitting up and looking over at Jamie.

"Jamie." He stated softly. "We're alpha's, we don't get marks."

Jamie rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest. "Humor me." He demanded. Jinx chuckled softly but turned around. I was expecting to be met with a bare back, but instead I was met with the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. The mark was as big as Jamie's and featured both of our wolves howling at the moon by a lake. Jamie squealed before he grabbed my arm and with a force I didn't even know he had managed to get me to turn around as well, and instantly he was squealing again.

"Congratulations." Austin said sounding almost as excited as his mate. I turned my head trying to see my back, and failed miserably. I felt Jinx grab my arm and pull me up and out of bed with him. He brought me over to the mirror and we both turned at the same time. I stared at my back that was covered with a beautiful picture of Jinx and I sitting on top of a cliff staring down at a valley.

"Hey boys-" My dad's voice stopped mid sentence and my head jerked in his direction to see him standing next to Austin with wide eyes and a dropped jaw. "Well," he started as his mouth closed and curved into a giant grin. "Congratulations is right." He chuckled softly as he stepped closer to examine us better. "Anyway, I came in to let you know the rest of Graywall is going to be here tonight."

Jinx froze up and looked confused. "I thought they wouldn't be here till Friday."

My dad nodded softly as he started circling us. "That was originally the plan, but they ended up just hopping on a plane to save energy. So they're here tonight." He stopped his motions around us to look at Jamie and Austin. "Which means their warriors will be here tonight kiddo, you and Austin need to stay inside unless the meeting is initiated tonight."

"It will be." Jinx stated before glancing at me. "As long as it's okay with River."

I shifted awkwardly a little while I debated it in my head. It wasn't like we could even really hide it much longer. "Yeah, it's fine."

Jinx smiled and grabbed my hand. "Thank you." He whispered softly. I just nodded and he leaned in to kiss my cheek.

"The twins and Keyon have things they need to talk about as well." My dad stated. "The twins asked to start it, but I think I'm gonna let Keyon seeing as he just wants to yell and the four of you are actually announcing something that sort of loops in together."

He stepped away from us and turned towards Jamie and Austin. "You two are coming with me we have some things to discuss about tonight." They both nodded and followed him out of the room leaving me and Jinx standing there, me still trying to soak in everything that just happened.

Jinx reached over and I felt his hand on my back. "It looks beautiful." He whispered and kissed my neck.

I could feel myself smiling as I nodded. "So does yours." I whispered and watched as he smiled brightly before leaning in and kissing me. We both seemed to take a deep breath as we took one last glance at our backs before throwing shirts on for the day.

We made our way downstairs to find our dad's sitting in the kitchen laughing, that is until we made our appearance known. Anthony froze every muscle in his body and just stared at us for a moment. "Shirts. Off. Now."

"We're in a kitchen." Jinx argued only earning him a look that showed his father didn't care at all. He sighed softly before removing his shirt and turning around, and I quickly followed suit.

"Your mother is gonna love it." Anthony said with a bit of awe in his voice. The comment seemed to mean a lot to Jinx, as he immediately lit up and nodded. It made me think back to my mom, how would she feel about it all? She seemed to just care about coming home to dad, did things happening with me even really matter to her?

"Yeah, I know, they're amazing." Jinx started with that same grin on his face. They were pretty amazing. I hadn't ever put much thought into being marked as I had never seen it as a possibility, but now that it's happened I couldn't have been happier. Maybe it didn't matter what my mother thought of it, maybe it didn't matter if she even cared at all. Jinx is my mate, he makes me happy. What other people thought at this point, didn't matter.