Part 12

"Honey," Austin's voice boomed as the door flew open, "I'm home." We all turned towards him laughing a little.

"He's asleep." I informed him and watched his face fall.

"Why the fuck didn't you tell me?" He asked sounding annoyed. "I wouldn't have been yelling."

Corey chuckled slightly before responding for me, "You didn't give anyone the chance to dummy."

Austin wrinkled his nose for a second before rolling his eyes and heading towards the kitchen, only to come back moments later with a bowl of cereal at sat on the arm of the couch next to me. "I'm starving, but I promise as soon as I'm done with this we can head out."

Andrew and Jacob whipped around towards me. "Where are you going?" They asked in unison.

"Out." I said simply not wanting to talk about it with them.

Jacob rolled his eyes. "You better have a damn good excuse when you get back, or your dad is gonna kick your ass."

I didn't even bother responding. They'd know soon enough. I wasn't gonna feel bad for wanting time with River. He's my mate. I'd rather be with him than anything else in this world. So my dad might get a little mad, whatever, I don't care. I know as soon as he knows the truth he's not gonna care about anything except for the fact I've known this long and haven't told him.

Austin finished his cereal pretty quickly and walked back to the kitchen only to come back seconds later and look at me. "Ready?" He asked with a smile. I nodded quickly and rose from my spot on the couch.

I could feel both Andrew and Jacob staring at me with curiosity, but neither of them voiced a single word. As soon as we were seated in the vehicle though Austin turned towards me his entire face full of worry and his words almost broke my heart. "Did he eat?"

I nodded. "About half of what I put on his plate."

His eyes widened for a second before a smile broke out across his face. "How did you even manage that?" He finally asked as he started the truck and pulled off.

"You just gotta get to the root of the problem and show them their thought process is wrong."

He nodded softly. "And what exactly is his thought process?"

I sat silent for a moment unsure of exactly how to explain what Jamie had voice without offending him. I knew him well enough already to know he would blame himself. "I think, maybe you should ask him yourself."

"But-" He started but I cut him off quickly.

"Trust me. You'll understand it a lot better coming from his mouth. Just promise me you'll be sensitive about the situation, and realize it's not gonna fix itself over night."

He looked like he wanted so badly to press the subject but just nodded and stayed silent for a while. "Will you help me with it." He finally asked. "I mean not all of it, but just, you're already doing a better job than I am, maybe guide me through it. You know?"

I reached out and let my hand rest on his shoulder. "Of course Austin, it's the least I could do." Words from earlier rang in my ears and I found myself asking before I really had time to stop myself, "But please tell me you have other names besides Franklin picked out."

He burst out into laughter and just shook his head softly while trying to stay concentrated on the road. "We want three. Two boys and a girl. Echo, April, and Franklin."

I laughed a little and just stared at him for a moment as I processed the names. "Echo and April I can understand, but Franklin? Why Franklin?"

His smile got even bigger as he responded. "I asked the same question once. He told me he just likes it, and honestly, I just can't wait to teach my little Franklin how to walk."

The rest of the way back to his house he wore that smile as he talked about his future plans with Jamie. I got to hear all about their children, and how they wanna get married. He talked about their past together, telling every single story that came to mind. He told me how he had known about them since he was just a kid. He told me everything. When I finally stepped out of the truck I was pretty certain I knew more about Jamie than even Jamie himself.

"Austin!" Cherry yelled as we walked through the door. "You're 20 minutes late." She lectured as she wrapped her arms around him.

He rolled his eyes as he hugged her back. "Practice ran over today and I was hungry, I'm sorry."

"Where's my little son-in-law?" She asked looking around as if she had missed Jamie walking in.

"He's at his house mom, I'm going back over there tonight." He explained making her roll her eyes but pull him further into the house before turning towards me and wrapping her arms around me tighter than I thought a woman of her size could.

"River's in the kitchen with Derrick." She informed as she let go only to pull me inside behind her. I immediately set off for the kitchen and saw River leaning against the breakfast bar deep in conversation with Cherry's boyfriend. I stood in the doorway for a moment just watching them until Cherry stepped forward pulling Austin with her.

"Derrick, this is my son Austin. Austin, this is Derrick." River looked up ready to greet him, his went from Austin and as his mouth opened to say hello, his eyes found me, and a large smile broke out. "And you met River's boyfriend Jinx last night." Cherry added as Austin stepped forward to shake Derricks hand.

I stepped forward not exactly sure how River wanted to act in front of everyone but before I even knew what was going on River pulled me against him and kissed me. "I missed you." We mumbled against each other's lips at the same time making the both of us smile.

I could hear Austin and Derrick talking and getting to know each other. I glanced towards them and saw Cherry smiling brightly. "We're gonna head upstairs." I told her quietly so she'd know where we are. She nodded and flashed a bright smile before my hand found River's and I headed for the stairs.

As soon as we were in Austin's room River's lips were on mine again, and those familiar tingles returned. He pulled away with a smile before whispering. "How was your day?"

"It was alright, a little bit of drama here and there, but nothing to big." I explained as I pulled him on the air bed with me. "How was yours?"

"Boring." He responded. "I sat alone with my thoughts most of the day, and just missed the shit out of you." I nodded softly and pressed my lips to his forehead. "Do you think about what's gonna happen when the pack finds out?"

I nodded softly. "Of course. Probably not as much as you," I admitted, "but it's constantly in the back of my mind. Graywall is gonna be happy about it, no one wants to leave as it is. I know everyone is gonna be shocked, but I think everyone is gonna be happy about it."

"I really hope so." He mumbled against me.

"Trust me sweetie, I know so."