Part 33

*Austin's PoV*

Jamie watched as Keyon continued to yell as if anything he was saying made sense. He was trying to get me to shift on my own without Jamie's help, but it clearly wasn't about to happen. He just kept saying the same thing, only each time he said it his voice got angrier because I hadn't done it the time before.

"You're making this harder than it has to be!" He screamed as he ran his hand through his hair. "You just shift. It's not hard. Just call upon your wolf, and-"

"And he'll answer," I finished for him just as agitated. "I get that, but you're not getting that he's not answering."

"Then you're not calling right!" He snapped before taking a few steps back. "Just go sit down, I need a break."

He needed a break? I was the one getting screamed at for the last several hours. I needed a break. I rolled my eyes before walking back towards Jamie. He didn't even have to be here, he chose to spend his time watching me get yelled at. At any moment in time he could just walk away. He could be sitting at Corey's house right now, or River's, but instead he chose to stay here so as soon as I was done he could hug me.

I could feel the smile on my face as I thought about it, I really was the luckiest guy in the world. I know a lot of people would just write it off as his wolf, but I knew there was more to it. He'd be just as loyal if we were both humans. I was just a few feet away from him when my ears started ringing, I didn't think to much of it that is until it got louder and then echoed through my entire head with the intensity of a hurricane.

It was like a million different people were whispering in my ear all at once, and then there were images flashing that didn't make sense. Before I knew it I was on my knees with my head in my hands. I knew I was screaming, I could feel it in my chest, but I couldn't hear anything but the voices. I needed it to stop. What was even happening?

*Jamie's PoV*

I watched him turn and start walking towards me with that smile that gave me life. The smile slowly started fading though as he got closer, and for a second I didn't understand why, and then I felt it. That familiar wave of connection, only larger than normal. My chest tightened and in a second it felt like I shared a brain with thousands of other people, and then it was gone, leaving me with a slight headache and some difficulty breathing.

The packs had been merged. But that didn't make sense, we were supposed to be at the merging ceremony. Why was this happening now? I watched as Austin fell to his knees letting out a scream you'd think came out of a horror movie before throwing his hands up over his ears and curling up on the ground. I got up to try to help him but Keyon appeared in front of me and grabbed my arm.

"Don't touch him, it'll only make it worse." was all he said before turning towards Austin who was still screaming. My gaze kept shifting between Austin and Keyon, unsure of what to do and I could feel the anxiety building in my stomach. Keyon turned back towards me and wrapped his arms around me. "Calm down, he's going to be fine, go to Corey's, I'll take care of Austin."

I nodded against him, and a second or two later he let go. I took a few steps back not wanting my eyes to leave Austin, not wanting myself to leave with Austin like this. Keyon waved his hand in a way that said I needed to leave now though, and the thought crossed my mind that maybe being this close was a problem. Without much more thought I turned around and started off towards Corey's willing myself not to look back and to just concentrate on getting there.

I didn't even bother looking up until I felt someone grab my wrist and was turning to face the Alpha, worry clear in his eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked softly, and I just nodded. "Come on, we need to go talk to River and Jinx." Again I just nodded.