Part 27

*Jinx's PoV*

Last night felt like such a dream. I kept replaying it all in my head. I looked over at River who still laid sleeping a foot away from me. He'd be going back to school today, and he should be waking up pretty soon. It was a weird thought knowing he'd be waking up and leaving me all day. It was an even weirder thought to realize that he'd be doing that five days a week from now on till he graduates.

Within a few minutes his alarm was going off and he was groaning as he rolled over to turn it off. He sat up and looked over at me. "I hate that damn buzzing sound."

"Change it?" I voiced.

His nose wrinkled a little as he shook his head. "If I like it, I'll hate it in a week."

This was a good point. He sighed as he slipped out of bed, and I watched him get dressed. He walked back to the bed and kissed me. "I'm not ready to go back." He whispered. "I'm gonna miss you so much."

"So," I started slowly unsure if I wanted to voice this, "take me with you." He looked confused for a moment so I continued. "I never finished school, my dad pulled me out a day before my 18th birthday because I was convinced I was ready to lead the pack."

He smiled softly before nodding. "Come with." he whispered before kissing me. "I love you."

"I love you too." I whispered before getting up and getting ready with him. Within 10 minutes we were sitting in Jamie's driveway and River was getting annoyed at him being so slow. After another five minutes of waiting River was on his feet and headed for the door, with me behind him.

"Jamie!" He yelled out as he headed for the bedroom and flew the door open. The two of them laid still asleep in the bed. River groaned and went to rip the blanket off but Austin's hand quickly grabbed hold of it as his eyes opened and locked with River.

"I'll handle it." He said sternly.

River groaned again. "Right, cause you can clearly handle that." He said gesturing to his sleeping cousin before reaching for the blanket again only to receive a growl from Austin.

"He's naked. I'll handle it." Austin stated slowly sounding more edgy. River sighed and took a step back before mumbling about how they need to hurry as he grabbed my hand and rushed out of the room.

He slammed down on the couch and sighed again. "He's my cousin, he's a werewolf, why the fuck does he have such an issue being naked?"

I sat down and wrapped an arm around him. "It's not a you thing sweetie, he just has serious body image issues." I explained, "Then just the anxiety and everything doesn't help."

He looked over at me like I was crazy and just continued his mumbling. It took less than 10 minutes before the two of them came walking out into the living room.

"Sorry," Jamie started, "with all the commotion going on lately I guess I forgot to set the alarm last night."

"Whatever," River snapped, "can we just go?"

Both Jamie and Austin apologized again as we made our way out to the truck, and as soon as we got on the road River seemed to calm down a bit. After a bit of driving I noticed that he kept looking back at the two in the back seat with a small smile.

Then seemingly out of nowhere he opened his mouth to speak. "So Austin, you enjoying the view?"

I turned around to see Jamie staring out the window, and Austin with his eyes glued to his mate. Then all of a sudden Jamie's nose scrunched up as he whipped around to look at Austin who was smiling. "As beautiful as ever."

"What the fuck guys? I don't wanna do this today, just tell me what the joke is." Jamie whined looking between the two.

River laughed lightly as Austin leaned over and kissed him. "Babe," He started slowly, "I was staring at you. I was always staring at you. " Jamie stared at him with a strange expression.

"Always?" He asked sounding confused. Austin nodded, and Jamie's entire being practically started glowing. "Always?" He repeated.

"Always." Austin stated, and without another word Jamie slammed his mouth into Austin's. River smiled to himself as he shook his head.

"All I'm saying is," River started sounding a bit sarcastic. "all you had to do was look back." Without even breaking the kiss Jamie reached over and smacked River in the back of the head, and I couldn't help the light laugh that escaped.

He glanced over at me for a second before returning his eyes to the road with a smile resting on his lips. We pulled into the school and for once I wasn't sure how to act. Was he okay with the humans knowing about us? I stepped out of the car with everyone else and looked towards River hoping he'd make the first move.

He glanced in my direction with a slightly nervous look but smiled anyway. "I love you." He whispered. "I'm ready for this, are you?" he asked reaching out for my hand.

I took it without a single thought. "I love you, I wouldn't be here if I wasn't ready." our fingers laced together, and as soon as we came into view of other people I could feel eyes on us. I didn't let it bother me though as we stepped into the school.

"Well look at this," River tensed as he turned around. "Jamie wants to get mad at me for talking about what a faggot he is, then wants to show up to school with his fag boyfriend that he insisted he had no interest in last time I saw him."

"That's not really your business Kyle." River snapped.

Kyle glared him up and down until his eyes rested on our hands. "No one really cares what you think seeing as you're just as big of a fag as they are."

River took a step forward. "My office, all of you." I looked over to see River's dad standing a few feet away. "We need to pick up where we left off."

The six of us, all then made our way to the office in silence. As soon as we sat down the Alpha sighed and looked around the room. "First things first," he pointed towards me. "why are you here?"

"He's enrolling." River stated nonchalantly.

He rose an eyebrow at that but nodded. "Alright, you two go talk to Mrs. H. I'm gonna need you a little later though River, so don't take to long showing him around and what not."

"Yes sir." River said with a mock salute as he stood up. He looked towards Kyle. "Also, my sexual orientation isn't gonna stop me from kicking your ass if you ever talk to me like that again, kid."

"Let's see if you're that tough when Daddy's not around." Kyle remarked without even looking up.

"Just go!" His dad yelled, River rolled his eyes but quickly dragged me out of the room.