Part 15

*River's PoV*

I sat in Austin's room for hours just thinking about everything. I wanted Jinx. That was clear. My dad was going to find out eventually. Why did I want to keep hiding it? It didn't make sense. Before I could talk myself out of it I was downstairs asking Cherry to borrow her car. She didn't even bother asking why I needed it, she just threw her keys my way and told me to make Austin drive it home before 8.

The entire ride home my mind was racing. I was shaking as I talked myself in and out of turning around. I knew I didn't really want to do that though, I needed to do this. If not now then later, and the sooner I did it the better. As soon as I parked the only thing on my mind was finding my dad. He wasn't at home, which meant he was probably in his office, and the closer I got to it the more sure of it I was. I didn't even bother knocking, I was way to frantic to even think about it.

"Dad I need to talk-" I paused and realized the room was full of people, "this seems like a bad time."

Austin sat with Jamie shaking in his lap, while Keyon stood off to the side. Jinx looked worried, and then there was a guy bleeding. My dad sighed and shook his head. "Where have you been?"

"Honestly," I said slowly, "freaking out."

My dad looked up at me confused. "I don't really wanna talk about it in front of everyone." I confessed. He just nodded and gestured for me to take a seat.

"Jinx," My dad started. "I can't have this sort of behavior. I told you in advance Jamie was sensitive, and not to allow anyone on the training grounds to avoid situations like this. I think it's best if you and your pack leave."

Jinx gasped and I quickly stood up. "Dad he can't." I told him. My dad looked at me even more confused.

"Why is that?" He asked. Me and Jinx shared looks and I could feel my hands start shaking.

"Can we please just talk in privet for a moment?" I asked my dad. He sighed again and nodded before instructing everyone else to wait outside.

"What's going on?" He asked staring down at me.

I could feel my legs growing weak and I quickly sat down. "I found my mate." I whispered softly before bring my elbows to a rest on my knees and burring my head in my heads.

"That's great news River," He said sounding excited, "who is it?"

I stayed silent for a moment breathing deeply. "Jinx." I whispered so quietly I barely even heard myself.

"Jinx?" He asked softly. I nodded. He stood from his desk and walked to the door long enough to stick his head out and say something I couldn't exactly hear, and within seconds he was back at his desk and Jinx was walking in.

He waited till Jinx sat down. "Jinx, have you found your mate?" He asked slowly.

I could feel Jinx's eyes on me but I couldn't bring myself to look up. "I have." Jinx told him.

I heard my dad sigh and his chair creaked like he was leaning back. "Why didn't you two tell me sooner?"

"River was pretty upset," Jinx voiced softly, "I didn't wanna make the situation worse."

"Son?" My dad was waiting for me to explain, but I felt like my throat was in my stomach. I felt Jinx's hand on my arm. It made me feel a little calmer, and I slowly lifted my head up.

"I just didn't know what was going on dad." I said lamely knowing exactly how pathetic I sounded right then. I was supposed to be one of the strongest alpha's of all time and here I was freaking out over my mate. "I didn't even think it was possible, and I was just freaking out."

He nodded softly before standing up and walking around his desk to kneel in front of me. He then reached out and wrapped his arms around me tightly. "I don't care how scared you are River, it's always okay to talk to me."

He pulled away slowly and his eyes found Jinx. "I trust you will handle Adam?" He nodded quickly. "And you two are gonna tell your father about you right?" He nodded again. "Then get on out of here, it's a nice day, go enjoy it."

As soon as we walked out of the office Jinx spun me around to face him and wrapped his arms around me. "I'm so proud of you River." He whispered. I nodded softly as he pulled away. He then turned towards Adam looking rather heated. "I want you to go back to your sleeping area, and stay there until I tell you to leave." He whimpered and nodded before getting up and running off. Jinx turned back towards me. "Can I tell Jacob and Andrew about us?"

I stared back in confusion. "I thought they already knew?" He shook his head quickly and I could feel my heart melting in my chest. He cared more about my feelings than he did about telling his cousins and next in lines as chain of command about us. "You can tell them."

He smiled brightly before grabbing my hand and pulling me outside clearly in search of his cousins. It didn't take long to find them hanging out around the eating area. "Guys!" Jinx called getting their attention. They both quickly made their way over to us.

"What's up?" They asked at the same time.

He stood there for a moment just smiled before reaching over and grabbing my arm to pull my in front of him. "Remember when I said I'd tell you who my mate was as soon as I could?" He both nodded. "Well I can." The stared at him as if waiting for more.

"Who is it?" Andrew asked.

As soon as he was done gesturing towards me Jacob rolled his eyes. "If we knew you were just calling us over here to play games we wouldn't have used energy to walk over."

Jinx glared at them both. "Why would I be joking?"

Jacob stood there and just stared at him for a minute. "He's an alpha. You're an alpha. And you joked about it for Tommy."

I looked over at Jinx in confusion. Tommy? Jinx sighed before throwing a hand over his face. "That was different, Tommy needed out of there."

"Kiss him." Andrew stated. I could feel my eyes widening. "You wouldn't kiss Tommy because you didn't wanna kiss anyone who wasn't your mate. So we'll believe you when we see you kiss him."

Jinx looked towards me as if asking if it was okay. "Not here." I mumbled.

"Your house?" He asked quietly. I nodded. He quickly grabbed the two of them and took off in almost a full sprint and I couldn't help the small chuckle that escaped my mouth.

"Where are they going?" I looked over to see Jamie walking over with Austin trailing behind him looking a little annoyed.

I smiled softly. "My house."

Jamie's entire face lit up as he turned and grabbed Austin's hand before taking off in the same direction. By the time I got there the entire house was silent. I glanced around confused before taking a couple steps in. There was supposed to be at least 5 people here, and I couldn't even hear breathing.

I took another couple steps and the next thing I knew I was on my back with Jinx on top of me. "What the-" I was cut off by his lips smashing against mine. I could hear Jamie giggling from somewhere but I couldn't tell where, and I really didn't care all that much. The only thing that mattered right now was Jinx.

I had a feeling that the only thing that would ever really matter again, was Jinx.