Part 16

*Jinx's PoV*

River sat up without breaking the kiss and pulled me into his lap. His hands found my hips and just sat there rubbing small circles driving me crazy. I ran my hands up his back and tangled them in his hair causing a light moan to escape his mouth and a large burst of pride to jolt through my body knowing I was the cause of it. In response to it he gripped my waste and ground up against me, part of me so badly wanted to stay silent, but it just wasn't possible, and honestly I'm pretty sure my moan was deeper than his.

There was a loud exaggerated cough, and we both pulled away to see River's father standing in the doorway. He smiled slightly. "I'm not saying don't do this, I'm just saying you should at least move back a few feet so people can actually get into the house."

I could hear snickering behind us as I stood up before offering a hand to River. He took it and I helped pull him to his feet.

"Sorry Alpha," he started looking down, "it was his fault."

I chuckled and nodded softly. "It kind of was." I admitted.

The alpha just rolled his eyes before stepping around us. "I don't care who's fault it was, like I said I don't care what you two wanna do, or where for the most part, just make sure you're not in the way."

"Yes sir." We said in unison. I turned back towards Jacob and Andrew. "Believe me now?"

The both nodded smiling. "Sorry," Jacob said, "I just didn't think it was possible."

"Neither did we." I told him. "But it is, and I don't think I've ever been happier." I finished pulling River closer to me. River nodded in agreement before Jamie reached over and pulled River towards him, and locked his arms around my mates neck.

If it had been anyone else I probably would have been pissed. But looking at the cute little sub, it was hard to be angry. He had to stand on his toes to even accomplish the hug, and on top of that he had his mate right next to him. River wrapped his arms around his waist and I could actually feel myself smiling.

I know he tried to play it off more like Jamie was just his cousin, and friend. But seeing them like this, it was pretty easy to see that the connection went a lot deeper than that. Jamie finally pulled away with a large smile on his face. "I'm so happy for you." He whispered before taking a step back and leaning against Austin who gladly locked his arms around him. "Do you know what Corey's coming home?"

"He should be on his way back now." River informed as he took a step back and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I don't think I would ever get tired of the small tingles that radiated through my body with even the slightest touch.

Jamie looked up at Austin. "Babe, we need to go over to Corey's." Austin looked down at him like he was going to ask why but before he even got the chance the sub was already on it. "Because I said so."

Austin looked like he had something to say but Jamie quickly kissed him. "You know," River's dad started in as he sat down on the couch, "I might be confused here, but I thought my nephew was the sub in this relationship."

Austin chuckled softly and tightened his hold. "Oh, he is." Austin assured. "He just likes thinking he's in charge, and I like keeping him happy."

There was a wave of chuckles as Jamie rolled his eyes before grabbing Austin's wrist. "We're leaving now." He announced before walking out.

"He seems to be doing better than ever." River's dad commented.

"It's cause of Austin." River voiced and his dad just nodded before looking towards us.

"The three of us need to talk." I felt River tense up a bit as he nodded. I looked towards Jacob and Andrew and they just both nodded before walking out the front door. Me and River then walked over and sat down with his father. "When are you planning on letting the rest of the packs know?"

We sat in silence for a moment, I wasn't sure how to answer. I was leaving all of that up to River. I looked towards him and he just sat there quietly looking like he was in deep thought. His dad sat looking at the both of us as he waited for a response.

"We haven't decided yet." I responded slowly with my eyes fixed on River waiting for some kind of reaction, but he stayed completely still. I reached out and he immediately moved back, and it kinda hurt.

"I just," He started as he shook his head. "I need time to think. I'm gonna go lay down." With that he was gone, disappearing up the staircase. I sighed softly and sat back trying to figure out what to do. I just wanted to go after him, but he just pulled away, I didn't think he wanted to be around me.

His dad reached over and flung and arm around me. "He's my son, I know him." He told me. "He's just afraid of what people are gonna think." I nodded softly sort of understanding where he was coming from. "He loves you. Go talk to him." I nodded again and stood up. "Up the stairs third door on the left."

I made my way up the stairs and quickly found his room. I debated knocking, but quickly decided not to. When I walked in he way just lying on the bed staring up at his ceiling. I walked in slowly and sat and when he didn't ask me to leave I sat down on the bed.

We sat in silence for what felt like forever before he reached over and grabbed both of my shoulders to pull me down next to him. He wrapped his arms around me tightly and just laid there for a moment before whispering, "I'm sorry."

"For?" I asked softly in confusion.

"Not being ready."

I shook my head softly before looking up towards him. "Don't be baby, I told you, we can go as slow as you want."

He sighed again before sitting up and turning to face me. "It's not okay Jinx." He started but before he could continue I closed the distance between us and pressed my lips to his before quickly pulling away.

"It's fine." I mumbled. He shook his head and was about to argue, but once again was cut off by my lips on his. I pulled back and shook my head before repeating myself.

"Jinx," He whispered softly. "I need to-"

Again I pressed my lips to his. "You," I told him, "need to be ready at your own pace." He sighed softly before leaning over and connecting our lips again.

"Can we sleep?" I nodded softly and he slowly rolled over facing away from me. I wasn't exactly sure what he wanted and I didn't wanna upset him so I just silently laid down next to him, only for him to groan softly. "Don't make me say it."

"What?" I asked confused and he just turned enough to glare at me.

"Saying it is gonna piss my wolf off."

"Sweetie," I started slowly, "I can't do it if I don't know what 'it' is."

He groaned again before rolling back over. I sighed softly as I stared down at him trying to figure out what it was he was trying to ask. "Just," He whispered softly as he reached over and grabbed one of my arms then wrapped it around himself, "be my big spoon tonight."

I smiled softly when the words left his lips and carefully slid other arm under his neck before pulling him against my chest. "Goodnight River." I whispered before kissing the back of his neck.

"Goodnight Jinx."

I smiled hearing my name come from his mouth was the most beautiful sound I had ever heard. I let my hand slid up his stomach to his chest and I heard the small gasp and it only made me smile more. This was definitely something I could get used to.