Part 26

*Jinx's PoV*

I walked over to Andrew and Jacob taking deep breaths with each step willing myself to calm down. They were sitting on the other side of the room and they seemed to be in a deep conversation. "Jinx!" The both yelled as I got close. "What's up?" they asked as they stood up.

"Hey guys, just needed to get away for a second." I explained and they both gave me a curios look. "River snorts when he laughs to hard, Toby was on my lap at the time of this discovery." They both broke into laughter, and even though the situation was more than a little embarrassing for me, I could definitely see the amusement in it all.

I looked back towards the table and could see River's face, looking rather pale and I could tell he was scrambling to answer a question that my mom had probably thrown his way. But by the way everyone else at the table looked amused I assumed it was harmless. He looked so adorable like that though. Whatever his answer was though clearly made everyone happy, they all smiled brightly and my mom even clapped. Not only that but Toby even jumped towards him again.

I didn't want him feeling overwhelmed, but he seemed to be handling both my mom and Toby pretty well. It made me smile, it was wonderful seeing this all play out. I loved being able to see him interacting with my family like this, like he had grown up with everyone I had. He seemed to fit in perfectly.

"Now that you and Jinx are public I assume you'll be around more," Jacob started, "so you should probably start trying to help me with my mate, because I clearly need all the help I can get with him."

I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes. "Look man, it's simple, there's only one solution," I explained and watched as he leaned forward as if I was about to give him the answer to life. "wait till his brother finds his mate."

He groaned and stepped back. "You're no help, go back to popping boners over weird noises your mate makes."

Andrew and I both laughed at his frustration and I gave each of them a bit of a half hug before turning and walking back to the table which seemed to grow silent after my arrival. "Jinx!" My mother was the first to speak. "What are your thoughts on children?"

I took a step back and stared at her for a second before pulling my seat out and sitting down. I stayed silent for a moment as I scanned the faces staring at me waiting for an answer. "That's sort of a weird question, don't you think?"

"Not at all!" She practically yelled. "You're 20, you have your mate, now's the time to start popping them out if you're gonna have them."

I looked towards River who seemed just as interested as everyone else in my answer. I looked around again, but my eyes couldn't stay off of him for more than a few seconds at a time. "I want four." I said and watched as everyone's smiles grew and my mom started clapping again.

"Grand-babies." She stated as she repetitively nudging my dad who just smiled widely and nodded. "But how soon?"

Once again I found myself staring at River trying to figure out exactly how to answer the question. I didn't wanna say something that seemed like to soon and freak him out a little, but at the same time I didn't wanna say anything to late and upset him. "Well," I started awkwardly. "I think I wanna wait until we all get settled in here, and take time for us to get to understand each other more, and then talk about it and come up with an idea of a time frame together."

"Awe," My mom said sounding a little disappointed. "River had said he was thinking the next couple years, yours sounds more like the next few decades."

I could feel my eyes widening as I looked back towards River who's face was red and he quickly looked away from me. I could feel my heart pounding as what my mother said processed. He was thinking the next couple years? I didn't think he was ready for something like this. I figured it'd be at least 10 years before he even got comfortable talking about actually picking a time.

"River," I started softly but he didn't look back. I reached over and brushed his cheek, "look at me." He glanced up at me before letting his eyes drift down and then back to me. "I've told you at least a million times baby, this is at your pace, I'm on board for whatever you are. If you wanna go out and adopt a kid tonight we can do that."

He smiled before leaning over and kissing me softly. "Don't tempt me." He whispered against my lips. I could feel my own smile growing. "I love you." We whispered at the same time.

"Alpha!" Seconds after the call came Jamie was behind my dad's chair in a defensive stance while staring at Austin on the other side of table looking like he was ready to pounce. "Austin's trying to make me dance."

"It's just once dance!" Austin yelled. "Are you gonna do this at our wedding too?"

"That's different!" Jamie argued. "I didn't stand in front of a group of people and legally announce I was spending my life with you tonight."

"So are you not gonna dance with me at prom either?" He questioned.

"Nope." He announced simply making Austin roll his eyes before jumping at him. Jamie squealed and jumped on my dad. "Uncle, help!"

My dad looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "He's your mate." My dad pointed out but Jamie just shook his head before burning it in my fathers shoulder. "Okay, okay, kiddo, come on." My dad said as he rose up.

"Where are we going?" Jamie asked staring up at my dad.

"You don't wanna dance with your mate, that's fine." He told him simply. "But I'm your uncle, you have to dance with me." Jamie's eyes widened and Austin started chuckling.

"River!" Jamie yelled as he jumped away from my dad and towards me. I laughed as he fell against me. "Yell at them!"

I looked up towards the two of them with a grin on, shaking my head. "You guys are so mean, come on Jamie, I'll take you home." Jamie smiled brightly as we both stood up. I started leading him in the direction of the door but stopped about half way to pull him to the dance floor. His face paled as he looked up at me. "It's a slower song, you'll be fine."

He looked like he was about to go into a panic attack until I reached up at ran my fingers through his hair a couple of times before letting my hands drop to his sides. He sighed and his landed on my shoulders and we stood an arm width apart. "I don't know what I'm doing." he whined.

"Which is why I'm the one leading, just go with it." I told him. He sighed softly but gave in as he started following my lead.

Not even a solid minute went by before his eyes widened a little as he glanced behind me. I didn't even get the chance to turn around before Austin and Jinx appeared at our side.

"Mind if we cut in?" Austin asked, then Jinx nodded as he added, "Yeah we kinda miss our mates."

Jamie was biting his lip as we disconnected and turned to face them. "I really don't wanna-" he started but Austin quickly kissed him effectively shutting him up.

"Just relax." He whispered before pulling Jamie against his chest. Jamie seemed awkward at first but quickly relaxed himself as they started swaying.

Jinx reached out and grabbed my hand. "We don't have to dance if you don't wa-"

I echoed Austin's actions before wrapping my arms around his neck. "Just let me lead when my wolf starts throwing a fit."

He smiled and nodded before pulling me against him and dropping his hands to my waist.