Part 19

*Jinx's PoV*

We had spent the entire night just talking and cuddling, and every second of it was beautiful. We even watched the sun rise together from his window, even though I had to leave shortly after to go talk to my father, it was still all I could think about.

"Where have you been?" He sounded more irritated than I had ever heard him, but he was trying to stay calm. I walked over at sat on the bar stool across the counter from him.

I thought about all the options I had, me and River had talked about it a little, and I had had all night to try to figure out what I was going to say, but now that I was in the position to say it I was at a loss for words. "I was with River."

"This entire time?" I nodded softly. "Why?"

I shrugged softly. "You said to be friends with them. They'd be good allies." I guess I figure if I play it off like I'm with River so much because he told me to be he'd be less mad about the situation.

He groaned and threw his head back. "I said be friends with them, not bed them, all I can smell on you is him." I thought I was gonna be able to have this conversation with him without a single problem. Now I can't even look him in the eye as I'm trying to tip toe around my words and not lie, but just not tell the truth.

Once again I shrugged. "We just got close I guess, I didn't wanna spend the night on the hard floor so we shared a bed, it's not a big deal dad."

He glared at me for a moment before he responded. "It's a huge deal, you're here to find your mate, not spend all your time with their Alpha's son."

"I already found my mate." As soon as the words left my mouth I regretted it. His eyes widened quickly and I knew he was going to start asking about it. But it was the only way I thought it would make his stop talking like I didn't care about my mate. Even the thought made me feel sick. I had known River for three days now, and he was my entire world.

"If you found your mate why are you so attached to River and not them?" He asked seriously with a look of confusion on his face.

I sighed softly as I thought about how to answer it. River had said if I needed to I could tell him. But he wasn't ready to go public public and I didn't know if my dad would keep it to himself. But he gave me permission to handle my dad how I saw fit, and I hated keeping things from him. "Dad, River is my mate."

He sat back and stared at me for a moment like he was trying to figure out how to react. "Really?" I nodded softly. "Why didn't you say something sooner?"

"He doesn't want everyone knowing," I explained, "the whole fact we're both alpha doms has him kinda freaked out, and he doesn't want people reacting badly."

He nodded softly before standing up. "Come on." He said gesturing for me to follow him.

"Where are we going?" The confusion was clear in my voice. I just told him my mate was River, and he was getting ready to leave? What if he was about to go tell everyone. Oh my god I would kick his ass. River would kick my ass. River's dad would kick my ass. There would be a whole new level of ass kicking going on, and the majority of it would be done onto my ass.

"I'm your father." He said seriously. "You're my only son. I wanna see you with your mate. Besides, he's practically my son-in-law and I haven't even met him yet."

I could feel a smile forming on my face as I stood up. I don't know what I had expected him to do or say, I guess I thought he'd freak out. But no, he wanted to meet him. "Now might not be the best time," I warned, "He was dozing off when I left."

He shrugged and pulled me out the door. "It's the morning, this is the time to be waking up, it's not my fault he chose to fall asleep now."

I chuckled softly and shook my head. The walk back seemed so surreal. The entire time we were walking it felt like years were passing, but when we got to his doorstep it felt like we had just left our place seconds ago. I didn't even bother knocking knowing it wouldn't be locked and knowing I was welcome.

As soon as I walked in his scent hit my nose, and it almost had me moaning. He smelt so good. He smelt like an ocean breeze in the middle of a forest. I moved towards the couch seeing the TV on, and I almost thought he was up, until I got a little closer and saw him on his back with one leg off the couch, his head resting on his arms that would set on top of the couch's arm

I glanced back at my dad who just motioned towards him in a way that told me if I didn't wake him up, he would. I knelt down before leaning over until our faces were inches apart. "Hey sweetie," I whispered as I rubbed our noses together. "I'm back."

I watched his eyes flutter open and a smile break out on his lips. He reached out and pulled me up onto the couch with him and kissed me softly. "How'd it go?" He asked through a yawn.

"Well that's kinda why I woke you up." I confessed. "I brought someone with me who really wants to meet you."

His eyes widened as he quickly sat up and as soon as he saw my dad his face reddened just as fast as Jamie's normally would. My dad stepped around the couch and offered a hand which River quickly shook. "I'm Jinx's dad, my names Anthony."

"But you should call him dad." I interjected. "He's always talked about wanting my mate to call him dad."

He nodded softly as their hands dropped back down. "I'm River. Jinx's mate. It's nice to meet you," He paused for a moment as if unsure of what he was about to say and when it finally came out it was almost a question, "dad."

I watched my dad face completely light up. "It's nice to meet you too." There was a moment of silence, as my dad sat down, that I took to crawl into River's lap and lay my had on his shoulders, and as his arms came to rest around my waist mine settled around his shoulders.

"So," River actually jumped at the sound of his dad's voice. "the dad's know. The beta's and thirds know. When are you telling the rest of the pack?"

River and I looked at each other, and by the look on his face I could tell he wasn't sure and wanted the attention off the subject. "What's gonna happen with the top three when the packs merge?" I asked trying to dodge the question.

"Well, it's simple actually," His dad started, "We'll have two thirds, three beta's, unless your beta somehow ends up in a weird situation like Jamie, then we'll have four, and two alpha's. The packs large so it'll actually be needed."

"What about not having a Luna?" River asked softly.

"Luna's exist to balance their mates, and take care of the pack on a motherly level. You balance each other, and when it comes to motherly love towards the kids, I think I'm gonna talk to Jamie about doubling as that part of the role."

I watched River smile brightly as he nodded. "He was always really good with kids, and it because they don't throw off so much power he shouldn't even really have problems with it." His father just nodded softly. "I think," He started softly, "I wanna wait till the end of the week, and tell them the night they think they're leaving." He looked around slowly. "Is that okay?"

His eyes met mine and I could see right then that my say was the only one that held any weight in the matter. "I'm fine with that sweetie." Both of our fathers nodded and I heard him let out a breath that he had clearly been holding.

"So," My dad started staring at us. "when were you two planning on mating?"