Part 2

*Jinx's PoV*

I watched my mate walk off with Austin leaving just me and Jamie standing outside. I felt like there was more I needed to say but I couldn't piece it all together, and I didn't wanna scare the beta. I just felt so confused. When I saw him in the crowd I didn't really know what was going on. He's an alpha. But he's mine. I had spent almost a year searching for him, and yeah he's not what I expected, but I didn't care.

Jamie stepped forward and wrapped his arms around me. I could feel him shaking and I knew the gesture was taking a toll on him, but I still returned the hug. "Just give him time." He whispered softly. "He's been waiting for this for a long time, he's just confused. I'll talk to him about it."

"Thanks." I whispered softly trying to keep my voice calm. He nodded before letting go. I could hear the deep breaths he was taking trying to keep himself composed.

He nodded and turned to head back inside, I knew I should do the same, everyone would start wondering where I was. I just needed another minute. It hurt. He hadn't out right rejected me, but he wouldn't even talk to me. Hell he barely looked at me. He looked so scared, and I just wanted to hold him, but he was scared of me, of us.

As Jamie was on his way in Jacob and Andrew came out and I watched as he paled further and took a few steps back. They looked at him and worry covered their faces like they weren't sure what to do, so naturally they looked towards me for guidance, but there was nothing I could offer which only seemed to worry them further as they glanced back towards the door. The silence only grew thicker until Corey came running out of the meetinghouse and threw his arms around Jamie as he cooed to him softly.

"I'm so sorry." I heard Corey whispering. "I wasn't paying attention, and just when I finally looked up again and just, are you okay?"

Jamie nodded against him. "I think so." Corey started slowly rubbing his back as he looked over towards me. "What'd you do to him?" He snapped.

"I didn't do anything!" I said defensively, offended that he'd jump to accusing me. I hadn't done anything except went after my mate, it wasn't my fault Jamie couldn't handle himself well. I didn't regret coming out here, and as much as I hated knowing I was the reason the sub was freaking out I knew if I hadn't ran out here there was probably a chance I'd never see River again.

"He doesn't just get like this over nothing, these two just came out here, and I don't see anyone else standing around." Corey snapped back.

"He's fine." Jamie told him, his voice shaking, but it seemed to calm Corey down a little bit because he didn't snap like he was a second ago.

Jamie's words though didn't seem to calm him down enough though as Corey still held his glare. "What's going on?" He asked more towards Jamie but his eyes still glued on me as if he was ready to jump on me any second..

"Yeah," Andrew started in slowly. "we'd kinda like to know too."

"I just needed fresh air." I lied. "He was already out here." Corey looked down towards Jamie now as if asking for confirmation, and he just nodded with a glance in my direction. A secret promise seemed to be formed right there between the two of us. I don't know how to explain it, I just knew right then and there that me and him would always have each other's backs.

Corey looked back towards me as if he was still unsure about the situation. "Fine." He finally said. "I'm sorry." I just nodded and he turned his attention back to Jamie. "Let's get you home okay." Jamie nodded softly and Corey picked him up bridal style and headed off.

It seemed like such a normal gesture between the two of them, honestly with everything I've seen and heard Jamie was pretty cuddly with everyone. Part of me wondered how his mate felt about it, and part of me wondered how I would feel about it when I saw him like that with mine. Him and River were cousins though, there wasn't anything there, but still the thought of anyone touching this man I had just met had my blood boiling.