Part 28

*River's PoV*

We stepped into Mrs. H's office and she looked up towards us with a smile. "What can I do for you boys?"

"Jinx is enrolling today." I stated. She smiled and handed him a clipboard loaded with papers.

"You're gonna need to fill all this out." She told him. "It's gonna take a bit."

Jinx stared down at the papers for a moment before picking up the pen at the top of the board. He then looked up towards me with an exhausted expression. "You're lucky I love you."

Both Mrs. H and I chuckled softly. He turned his head back to the clipboard and started jotting down information. "By the way, congratulations on finding each other." We both looked over with a smile and thanked her. It wasn't even five minutes later before some kid walked into her office. "River, your dad needs you."

I glanced up at him and nodded before turning towards Jinx and kissing him softly. With that I left the room and headed back to the office I had practically just left. As soon as I walked in I could feel the tension in the room. Austin looked pissed, and Kyle sat with a cocky grin on his face while my dad set off to the side with Jamie whispering.

"Can I please be excused?" Kyle asked getting my dad's attention. "There's too many homo's in the room, I don't like breathing the same air."

My dad sighed, "That's another week of detention, keep your mouth shut." He looked up towards me. "Where's Corey?"

"He's in-" I stopped myself from saying heat when I remember Kyle still existed in the room. "a lot of pain still, from being sick, he probably won't be back in school for a few days."

He nodded softly, "Will you let Austin and Jamie borrow your truck? I don't want Jamie in school today, he wasn't ready to deal with this."

I stared at him debating on my answer, I really hated anyone else driving it. I trusted Austin though, he had driven it before, though I had panicked every single second. The look on my dad's face though show'd he really didn't care how I felt about it though. I reached into my pocket and grabbed my keys before throwing them Austin's way. "Be gentle with her please." I started before glancing towards Jamie who's face was blotchy, "And take care of my cousin please."

Austin chuckled softly. "You don't even have to ask." he said with a bright smile. "That's my baby right there, I'm always gonna take care of him."

"I'm gonna barf." Kyle commented.

Austin rolled his eyes. "Go for it then, barf all you want, it's not gonna stop me from driving Jamie home and bending him over the first thing I see."

Jamie's face reddened and both him and my dad glanced at him before continuing their hushed conversation. Kyle glared at Austin before snapping back. "No on wants to hear about your fag sex."

Austin chuckled softly. "Then I hope you go deaf by the end of this sentence because as soon as we're through the door I'm gonna have his pants off and his cock is gonna be tickling my esophagus, and then-" Kyle moved fast as his fist flew out and made contact with Austin's face. Jamie jumped as my dad turned around and slammed on his desk. Both Austin and Kyle jumped at the sound as they turned towards him.

"Knock it off!" He yelled making everyone, even me shrink back a little. "You can't just hit people for saying shit that makes you uncomfortable." He said in a tone that sounded like a knife. "Maybe if you were more comfortable with your own sexuality you wouldn't feel the need to make fun of people for their own. And you," He said pointing towards Austin, "don't need to give a detailed description of the sexual acts you wanna preform, especially when it's just to get under someone's skin. Keep your sex life between you and my nephew."

He took a deep breath. "I can't have this at my school, so here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to finish comforting James. Then I'm going to have the paperwork filled out to have all three of you expelled." Everyone's eyes widened at that. "The two of you will be home schooled from here on out, and you," He said pointing towards Kyle, "I don't care what you do, just stay out of my school."

Everyone stared back at my dad with the same dumbfounded expression. "You can't just do that." Kyle started sounding breathless. "What'll coach say?"

My dad sighed heavily. "I really don't care what coach is going to say, and yes I can do it. This," He said nodding towards Jamie, "is my nephew, his dad is my brother. His father has been suggesting home school for years now, and him" He said pointing towards Austin, "would cut off his own hand if it meant spending more time with James. And you Kyle," He said leaning forward, "have enough bullshit in your file for me to have expelled you freshman year. Your coach can only save your ass so many times."

Kyle sat there obviously unsure of what to do. He took a deep breath as he looked around. "Look," He sighed and shook his head. "I can't get expelled, it'll ruin my life. I'll do whatever I need to do to keep that off my record."

"That's not really my problem." My dad answered.

"Excuse me." A rough voice grumbled behind me. I stepped aside and watched as Coach Jones stormed in looking pissed. "What the hell is going on?"

"He's trying to expel me!" Kyle yelled as he jumped up.

"Can you all stop yelling?" Austin barked as he stood up and ran his fingers through his hair. "You're all freaking Jamie out and I feel like my head is going to explode." I looked up at my dad who seemed to get what he was talking about.

Jones, who wasn't part of the pack, had no idea though. "Don't tell me to stop yelling! I'm trying to save my basketball star! I could care less about your head and your boyfriends feelings!"

"For fuck's sake," My dad started as he stood up. "I'm so over all of this." He breathed out trying to stay calm. "Austin, take James home, now. We can talk about this more at home." Austin didn't move though he just stood there with a hand over his face breathing hard. "Austin?"

When he again didn't get a response he reached out to touch him but he quickly flinched away, too quickly. We then realized what was going on and as soon as mine and my dad's eyes met we were both moving quickly. He reached for Jamie and I stepped towards Austin, who only stepped further back till his back was against the wall with his chest rising and falling at a rapid pace as he tried to contain his wolf.

I rested my hand on his shoulder and moved closer so only he could hear me. "Jamie's fine Austin, right now he needs your human form, everything is okay, calm down." But he only growled back.

"What the hell was that?" Jones asked sounding a little dazed.

"An extremely pissed off boyfriend." I told him with venom in my voice. I stepped away from Austin, and for a second I thought he was going to growl again, but he held it back. I grabbed Jamie who whined a little and it wasn't until our skin touched that I realized the extent of the affect the situation was having on him.

I wanted to pull my hand away but knew I needed to do this. I pulled him out of the chair and away from my dad which only had Austin growling again, but as soon as I threw Jamie at him the growling stopped. He dropped his hand from his face and wrapped it around Jamie. He kept his eyes shut tight as he just held his mate.

The room was silent for what felt like hours before my dad finally spoke, "Austin, will look at me?" Austin shook his head as his eyes shut tighter. My dad moved towards them in a way that blocked the humans view. "Look at me." He whispered.

Slowly Austin opened his eyes, and he looked terrified, but human. "Are you okay to drive home?" Austin nodded slowly. "Go on then, if you need a minute more just sit in the lobby." He nodded again before practically bolting out of the room with Jamie.

My dad walked back to his desk and by the time he sat down he was back to his previously pissed off self. He looked up at me. "Jinx should be done filling out all the forms, he's gonna have the same schedule as you, I trust you'll have no problem showing him where everything is." I nodded fighting back the smile that wanted so badly to make itself known. "I also trust that you'll both make responsible decisions and be on time every time to every class for the rest of the year."

"Yes sir." I said with a little to much excitement before turning and leaving. As soon as I got back to the lobby I saw Jamie and Austin sitting down next to each other just talking. Then I saw Jinx and whatever I wanted to say to them just didn't seem important.