Part 24

*Jinx's PoV*

River had insisted we stay inside all day until the meeting, so for the most part we just did what we had been doing since we met. Hanging out, getting to know each other, and of course a bit of sex. When it was finally time to actually leave, he seemed reluctant, and I knew part of him wasn't fully ready for this, but I also knew that that didn't matter to much. He was going to do it, because he felt like he needed to. Part of me knew I should convince him that it's okay to wait, but the selfish part of me was kicking in and I just needed the entire world to know about us.

By the time we got to the meetinghouse most people had already gotten situated and were waiting on us. I looked around the room and within seconds I spotted my mother who was smiling up at me with a look of pride. I wondered if she knew why she was here. I wonder if any of them did. Not just the newcomers of my pack, but the ones that came to begin with, or even anyone in the Riverstone pack knew.

"Alright." Keyon started as he appeared at the podium like a show off. "Now that were all here, we can begin." He glanced towards me and River making both of us turn our heads. "I need all of you pups to listen up, and listen well." He turned towards us and his eyes trailed down the chain of command, before resting on Jamie and Austin. He marched over and grabbed their hands before dragging them back with him.

"My names Keyon, and I'm a wizard who's here to help the Beta. Do you see the Beta, do you see this cutiepie?" He asked waving Jamie's arm around. "I thought this was already explained to you all but I guess not. He's scares easy, very easy."

He waved Austin's arm around. "Do you see this idiot? This is the beta's mate. Let me explain something to you. He was a human. Now he's a wolf. He doesn't have control over it yet. When this one gets scared," he said gesturing towards Jamie, "He freaks the fuck out, and trust me, he could take on both your alpha's at once and win."

He glanced around to make sure he had everyone's attention. "I hate werewolves, I really do, the only reason I'm helping here is because I see something in the Riverstone pack that I haven't seen in a very long time. Normally a pup having anxiety attacks wouldn't bug me, but Jamie here is an exception. So if you fuck with him, and his mate rips your head off, not only will I not help you but I'll stop everyone else from helping too, because you deserve whatever you get." He looked around again at the silent crowd. "Any questions?"

The silence stayed as everyone stared up at the aggressive wizard. "Good." He finished before turning back around and bringing Jamie and Austin back to where they were before sitting down next to them.

It was then that the twins rose from the front of the crowd and made their way to the stage. "My name is Ashton." Ash started out before gesturing to his brother, "This is Skylar. We're not werewolves ourselves, but we are pack members. We know a lot of Greywall members have gotten pretty curious about us so were here with you tonight to help clear the air up a little."

Skylar shifted a little before he started in where his brother left off. "We were told we would soon become very close allies so our alpha has asked us to tell all of our origins, and that is what we intend to to now." He took a deep breath before looking up to his brother to continue for him.

"Long ago before the gates between all the worlds surrounding our own went up, there were two men, both werewolves, both alpha's. Their names were Nick and Josh. They found each other at an early age of around 17 and when they found out they were mates they didn't hesitate to merge the Lunar and Moonstone packs. The way the legend goes is that their love is known to be the strongest of all mankind, and the LunarStone pack was the strongest to ever exist. " After his pause he looked towards his brother who quickly picked up for him.

"Because this was before the gates were put up, there were many other species that walked the world among them. Their power quickly made them a target, which didn't matter for years as they were able to take on amble amounts of anything that came their way."

Skylar's shy glance at his brother had Ashton jumping in to continue the story. "One night though, they found their territory under attack from a group of very powerful demons. Within the battle Nick died trying to protect his mate, and Josh became obsessed with the idea of vengeance. He rounded up what was left of the LunarStone pack, and over the course of just a few months they had slain every single demon that had raided them that night."

"That wasn't enough for Josh though. He wanted to make sure no one had to endure what he had been forced to at the hands of a demon. He gathered a group of wizards, and a few demons, and they worked together to put up the gate that borders our worlds. He then did the same with each and every world thinking the world would be better if it was just us and the humans."

"You all may be wondering what this has to do with us, and I'll explain that now. Our mother is an angel, and our father is a demon. It was a forbidden love, and they decided that we would be safest with the Riverstone pack. What they didn't anticipate was the power that we would have. I can see through to my fathers world."

"And I to my mothers. Together we are the keys to the two gates and our entire life mission is to just find our parents."

"That is who we are. If you have any questions that aren't personal you can ask us in your free time because surprisingly, we're not the main issue tonight." Ashton finished with a smile in our direction. "We welcome Alpha's Jinx and River."

They stepped back and there was a round of applause as we made our way up to the podium. I could feel River shaking beside me but his face lacked fear. I looked at him to see him already staring at me, a face practically begging me to start it all off.

I cleared my throat as I turned back to the crowd. "Alright everyone," I started, "I have a big announcement to make, which you probably knew given my recent scent change and the fact I've brought the rest of the pack into town. If it's not obvious yet, I have found my mate." There was a huge rush of excitement as the room erupted with cheering. "Thank you, thank you. Now quiet down River has a lot to say as well."

I glanced over at him and he took a deep breath as he took a small step forward and then laced his fingers with mine behind the podium so no one else could see. "Jinx has brought it to our attention that a lot of his pack has mentioned not wanting to leave. My father and I welcomed you all with open arms, and are extremely happy with how well we've all gotten along. We're also very aware of the amount of mates between the two packs, and we've all decided that it would be best if you guys didn't leave."

There was another roar of cheers before everyone settled down a bit. "Not only are we not leaving," I started in again. "We're going to merge packs. From this day on, we will be known as the Graystone pack. The reason behind this decision came about because," I looked to River who seemed nervous but gave me the nod anyway. "River has also found his mate among us."

The crowd once again erupted into excitement with a lot of shouting. I turned towards River who then turned towards me, and the entire room fell silent as they stared up at us. Just as we had planned we started speaking at the same time. "In the name of the Goddess that watches over us all, I present to my pack, my mate." With that we stepped forwards closing the distance between us and connecting our lips.

Once again the room erupted, in cheers, in applause, hoots, howls, and it just felt like a wave of positivity crashed over us as we pulled apart. "I love you." I whispered softly and watched as his smile came back.

"I love you too Jinx."

And it was right then I knew, everything was going to be alright