Part 5

*River's PoV*

I watched as Jamie walked further into the room pulling Jinx with him, and Austin following shortly behind them. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, and my wolf perked up and then whined before laying down and going silent. Jamie and Austin sat down on Austin's bed and Jinx stood awkwardly for a moment before opting for the edge of Austin's bed facing mine.

"Hey." He said sending shivers down my spine. I slid back a little not liking how close we were but at the same time I just wanted to crawl on top of him. He frowned a little and looked away. I felt kinda bad, but I didn't know what else to do. I had never been so confused in my entire life, and being around him made it hard to breathe. I wondered if this is how Jamie felt all the time. If he did I really felt like shit for pushing him so hard.

"Maybe this was a bad idea." Jinx voiced looking back towards Jamie and Austin.

"No," I quickly said sitting up more before sitting back down trying to pull myself together. "I want you here." I mumbled. He smiled softly and nodded.

We fell into an awkward silence, as if we both had a world of things to say but we were both to nervous to even speak a word. My heart was pounding, and I must have had a million thoughts swimming through my head, and a little voice somewhere was screaming at me to say something, anything, but my mouth refused to open. It stayed like this for a few moments before Jamie picked his head up. "Movie time!"

"Wait," I started slowly unsure if what I was about to voice was what I wanted. "can you and Austin run downstairs and grab some from the cabinet?" I don't know why I wanted alone time, but it just seemed like the right thing to ask for. Maybe it'd be easier to talk if it was just us, I wouldn't have to worry about what anyone else was thinking.

Jamie looked at me for a moment just studying me before nodding. "No problem." He quickly grabbed Austin's hand and left the room leaving just me and Jinx sitting there.

We sat there for a moment in the same thick awkward silence before I finally found myself asking "Are you okay with this?" giving a quick gesture between the two of us.

He nodded quickly. "Of course," he said softly. "I know it might not be the most normal situation, but I've been looking for you for a long time River. I want us to be together, and I know it's scaring you, but the universe doesn't make mistakes."

I scrunched my nose up at the words, I had heard them a million times. Normally when I was complaining about not having my mate with me. "You sound like my dad." I voiced with a light chuckle.

He laughed a little too before leaning forward. "We can take us as slow as you want, I just want to know that we're taking it." I took his words in and found myself smiling, he seemed so sincere, and just hearing he wanted me to set the pace seemed to calm my nerves a lot, but did little for my wolf who stayed silent.

*Jinx's PoV*

He gave a light nod and gestured to the spot next to him. "You can come down here if you want, just," he sighed as if was fighting with himself about how to end the sentence, "I'm sorry."

I nodded, understanding what he was trying to get across, before moving down leaving at least a foot of room between us. "Like I said, we can take things as slow as you want."

He nodded softly and then we fell into a more comfortable silence until the door opened and Jamie walked in empty handed followed by an Austin who's arms were full of stuff ranging from movies, to snacks. "River," Jamie whined. "Austin won't let me do things for myself."

"Jamie!" He fake whined back sounding more adorable than I could ever describe, "no one lets you do anything for yourself." Jamie huffed as he sat down on the bed.