Part 30

*******A/N Sorry I've been away so long I lost all motivation to write mostly cause this is probably my least favorite "book" in this and through the series I'll probably maintain that feeling. I'm not exactly happy with it, but I feel it needs to be a thing to connect the rest so I'm just gonna finish it up in the next few days and then hopefully the next one will be less of a pain for me to write. When I first started, I thought this was gonna be my favorite, and somewhere along the way I just lost it and it's not coming back, sorry guys. I hope the last few and next few parts are somewhat satisfying for you.******

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*River's PoV*

I stared back at Jake as the question played over a few times in my head. I wasn't exactly certain how I wanted to answer it, because I really wasn't sure at all. My dad and I hadn't really talked about it to much. There were so many options, we could do it now, we could wait till I'm 20, and we could do it anytime in between. I glanced towards Jinx who was staring at me waiting for me to say something, and it wasn't till right then I realized what an impact the choice had on him as well.

He had lead his pack for awhile now by himself, but without me taking the Alpha rank from my dad he technically was no longer the alpha. I couldn't ask him to give that up for a long period of time. That wasn't fair, but at the same time school was stressful enough I didn't wanna take that on too.

"I kinda wanna talk to my dad and Jinx about it first." I said lamely. Everyone nodded at the response but clearly weren't satisfied. I felt like I was letting everyone down, it was like they were all expecting me to be some great thing that could just take on the world, and I just couldn't.

The rest of lunch everyone went on about other things, and Jinx seemed to be getting more and more comfortable with everyone as he started speaking up and just adding little comments into conversations. After lunch we had gym, and for once I just wasn't in the mood for it. I had to much on my mind to want to be running around or anything.

"Remember earlier when I told you about Coach Jones this morning?" I asked as we walked. Jinx nodded quickly. "He's our gym teacher."

His face instantly twisted in disgust. "Great, please tell me he's not a dick all the time."

I chuckled lightly and shook my head. "Just when it comes to his athletes." We stepped into the locker room and Jinx's face lit up.

"You know, I honestly forgot gym involved changing." His smirk grew a little. "This means I get to see you undress at school every single day." I rolled my eyes and just pulled him over towards my locker.

I quickly opened and grabbed out the spare uniform I had in it for Jinx. "You can have this, I have about four different sets so it won't be missed."

"Pacer test!" Someone yelled in excitement followed by a chorus of groans.

Jinx smirked again as he stared over at me. "I bet I can beat you." I rose an eyebrow thinking back to the forest run we had went on, there was no way he could ever beat me. "Winner gets head?"

"You're on." I said with confidence, my mood for physical activity increasing. We both grinned and then quickly started changing. As soon as we stepped into the gym coach Jones was in front of me.

"Your friend Jake said you're going for the record today." I must of looked confused because he took a step back as he started to explain. "I overheard him talking to a friend about overhearing you and Jinx. He said something about it taking all mod so I figured you were going for the record."

I laughed a little at that and nodded slightly. "Yeah, the record, I guess so. I'm just looking to kick Jinx's ass honestly."

His eyebrows shot up, "Is he runner?" I nodded. "Better than you?"