Missed You

2 weeks later

Jess put down her phone and undid her messy braid. She let her hair flop down onto her back in its tangles. Unzipping her tight, uncomfortable dress, she threw on her favorite Shawn Mendes sweatshirt and leggings. Her usual look. She just got back from her friend's party and was extremely tired. It had been two whole weeks since she hung out with Shawn and she still felt butterflies in her stomach from the experience. They had been constantly texting everyday and even face timed once in a while. His tour was going great and he already preformed seven times since the concert Jess went to. Luckily, she would be seeing him again in another two short weeks.

Suddenly, her phone went off and Jess saw that she was getting a face time call. It was from Shawn. Rapidly grabbing her phone she answered the call. At first the screen was black. But then his angelic, geyser hot face appeared.

"Helloooooooooo!" he yelled into his phone. Jess laughed and sat down.

"Hi Shawn. How are you doing?"

"Well, I'm doing just fine. I lied. I'm dying inside." he paused for a moment, "Jk, jk, thats just a  musical.ly. I'm actually doing great. But I miss you."

"I miss you too. I'm so excited for the concert! Two more weeks!!"

"YAAAAAASSSSSSS!" Shawn said, wearing his dramatic face. "Nice sweatshirt by the way."

Jess looked down at her SM University sweatshirt and felt embarrassed. Of course, she had to be wearing this when Shawn called.

"Oh, I-" she began, but Shawn interjected.

"Just kidding! I like it by the way. It looks nice on you. I told you that even a size-to-big-sweatshirt and leggings looks amazing on you!"

Jess blushed. Shawn was so nice. He always knew what to say to make a person feel good about themselves, even if they looked like poop, as Jess did at the moment. Jess and Shawn talked for a few minutes until her mom came in. Jess immediately turned off her phone, cutting Shawn off. She would text him later and tell him that her mom came in. She was not a big supporter of them texting and hanging out. She had given Jess another lecture after she came home from Central Park. And this one was LONG. Jess didn't care though. She was just happy that she was able to see Shawn personally and text him. It was so much more than she ever expected. She couldn't wait until the concert where she would get awesome seats and hang out with Shawn before hand. 

That night, Jess went to sleep softly with Shawn's song lyrics singing her to a peaceful place away from the stresses of reality.

Day of the Concert

It was pouring rain and Jess tucked her phone in her sweatshirt pocket. She and her mom ran through the busy streets to get to the Mann. When they arrived, Jess showed the security guard at the door the code that Shawn had sent her and he let them in. Jess was swaying and excited. She was not sure she would be able to make it through the next few minutes without passing out. Another security person checked their bags then led them to an area backstage. There, Shawn, his mother, and a bunch of backstage workers sat and walked around. When Shawn saw Jess, his face lit up and he jumped up. At first, he just walked towards Jess. But as he got closer to her, his pace sped up. Soon he was almost in a run. Jess did the same thing. They reached each other and hugged. Jess wrapped her arms around his neck. Shawn lifted Jess and spun her around. She buried her head in her in his shoulder/neck. Why this meeting was so dramatic, they had no idea. They were just really excited to see each other. Equally. Yes, Shawn wanted to see Jess as much as she wanted to see him, even if it is hard to believe. 

After a few spins, Shawn put Jess down and she let go of him.

"Heyyyyy! I'm so happy to see you! Eeeeeeehhhhhhh!" Shawn said in the dorkiest way possible.

"Right back at you! I can't believe it has been a whole month since I saw you! It feels like just a few days ago that we first met then hung out and talked an..." Jess ran out of breath. She felt light headed. She pictured this moment every day for the last month and it was still a shock to her.

"Just come here!" Shawn said, pulling Jess into another hug. This time she didn't jump and just hugged him, her head only barely reaching the bottom of his neck. She wrapped her arms around his muscular body and laid her head against his chest. He smelled the same as the last time they hugged. Sweet mint and cinnamon. Shawn rested his chin on the top of her head, putting one arm around Jess and the other on her head. Jess had closed her eyes because the world was literally spinning. Her heart was beating really fast. It must have been from the rapid speed of the moment. She wasn't letting enough oxygen into her body. Jess inhaled and exhaled deeply, calming herself down. 

The mom's just looked at them then walked to each other.

"Does he usually do this with all of his fans?" Jess's mom asked.

"No, almost never but he seems really fond of your daughter. I'm Karen by the way." Mrs. Mendes-Karen- said.

"Lori. Nice to meet you. I've heard Jess talk about you before."

"Really? What has she said about me?"

"Oh, just how thankful she is that you made Shawn the person he is today and how you are an amazing mother to raise such an amazing kid. She is such a big fan of Shawn and really loves him. It's unbelievable that this is happening. So he never asked to see a fan after a show or gave them free fifth row seats and time to hang?" Lori asked Karen.

"Well, he has given fans free tickets, but never invited them backstage and hung out with them. Shawn is acting kind of strange. When he asked for tickets for her and to meet her, people were confused. At first, his manager said no, but he put up a fight. Shawn really wanted her to come to today and really likes her. Its the first time he has ever had this reaction about anyone."

Jess and Shawn sat down and talked for what felt like hours, as it was hours. The moms continued to talk also about mom stuff like raising teenagers and what-not. Soon Shawn had to get ready for the meet and greets and Jess needed to go to her seat. Before leaving, Jess said one last thing to him. She took his hand and put it in her's.

"Shawn, remember that you are awesome and a voice crack is not the end of the world. We love you. They love you. Be happy. For me. And if you don't want to be happy for me, then be it for the other thousands of people in that theater. You will do great!" Jess smiled at her everything and walked out with her mom lead by a backstage crewman. 

As Jess walked out, Shawn smiled and could still feel the warmth of her hand in his. For the first time in a while, he was not nervous to go and sing in front of thousands of people.

**Hope you guys like it! Don't want it to be too repetitive. Next part coming soon! <3