Singing a Song of Love

Jess looked at the ground, sighed and walked back to her friends. She really just lost Shawn.
"Hey girl, I'm sorry about that. I just thought he needed a talking to." Maddy said quietly.
"No, don't be sorry. He needed it. I guess I have to let him go, even if it hurts." Jess held back more tears. It was like she had an endless supply of them. Jaime took her hand.
"You know what will make you feel better? Food. Let's get some food." She stood up and walked to the kitchen, dragging Jess along with her. Maddy skipped at their side. When they got there. Jaime pulled out random things from the fridge and pantry and laid them out on the table. Minutes later, Jess sat there with a slice of cold pizza in one hand, a cookie in the other and strawberries in her mouth. Let's just say she was stress eating and by that it means she was going to let herself gain a million pounds before getting over what happened. But that was ok with her.
Then the doorbell rang. Jaime stood up to get it, but looked through the peep whole first.
"Ughh! It's SHAWN!" She said in disgust. "What do you want?! Go away!" She yelled through the door.
"I'm here to say sorry! Please, let me in!! You need to know the truth and that is how I love Jess so much!"
Jaime rolled her eyes. "Well, go away. She doesn't want to here you! She told you to stop trying to get her back!"
Jess walked to the door so she could listen better.
"Yes, I know! Jess said to stop saying how much I love her and how I need her. So I will sing it instead!" Shawn said in a confident voice. Jess looked through the peep hole and saw her discombobulated lover with messy, tangled hair and mix matched clothes. His eyes were bloodshot. But he was still cute, still beautiful, still the boy Jess longed to hold. What was he getting himself into? Jess took a step back and breathed deeply. For some reason, she was nervous. Shawn held his guitar and was ACTUALLY going to sing to her through the door. Then he started.
"I thought that I've been hurt before. But no ones ever life me quite this sore. Your words cut deeper than a knife. Now I need you to bring me back to life." Shawn sang loudly. He changed the words to fit the occasion.
"Got a feeling that I'm going under, but i know that I will make it out alive if I keep calling you my lover and not move on. You watch me bleed until I can't breath! I'm shaking falling onto my knees and if I'm without your kisses, I'll be needing stitches! Tripping over myself, aching begging you to come help! If I'm without your kisses, I'll be needing stitches!" Jess's neighbors started to hear Shawn's declaration of love as opened their windows as he sang. Great! Now it was a public affair! Shawn continued to sing with different words, saying how he hurt Jess, she hurt him back, and now he needed her more than ever. Jess looked through a small window near the door at Shawn. He could not see her and he just stared at the door. His voice was angelic as always, but a little raspy because of his recent crying and screaming fits. Soon he finished Stitches.
"Jess, I love you! I love you more than life itself! Believe me that I would never cheat on you! Please. I'm begging you." Shawn yelled, pleading for Jess to open the door. But she stood still. Her breaths were faster and shorter, so short, she was practically gasping for air. He was doing this all for her. How could it be possible that the Shawn Mendes was at Jess's house, begging to come in and have her back? How did he have her in the first place? Jaime and Maddy looked back and forth between Jess and Shawn, not moving because they were not sure if they should. Shawn cleared his throat.
"Ok Jess. I guess I just have to do another song to show you how much I care about you."